Pasta and Marinara With Meatballs
4 cloves garlic
1 (10-ounce) package fresh pre-sliced celery and onions
1 cup shredded carrots
1/2 cup Burgundy wine
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste with basil, garlic and oregano
1 (26 1/2-ounce) box chopped tomatoes
1 (26 1/2-ounce) box strained tomatoes
1 teaspoon pepper
40 frozen meatballs
3 large fresh basil leaves
3 teaspoons fresh parsley
12 ounces spaghetti (3/4 box)
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1. Preheat slow cooker on high.
2. Place in food processor: garlic, celery and onions, carrots and wine. Process 10-15 seconds until coarsely chopped, then transfer to slow cooker.
3. Stir in salt, Italian seasoning, tomato paste, tomatoes, pepper and meatballs.
4. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook 8-10 hours.
5. Twenty minutes before serving, fill large saucepan 1/2 full of water. Cover and bring to a boil on high heat for pasta.
6. Rinse basil and parsley. Remove tough stems, chop leaves coarsely, then measure and stir into marinara.
7. Stir pasta into boiling water. Boil 8-10 minutes until tender, stirring occasionally. Drain pasta.
8. Stir olive oil into marinara and serve over drained pasta. (Marinara sauce makes ten 1-cup servings, spaghetti makes 6 servings.)
American Side Salad
6 cups American salad blend (3/4 bag)
1/3 cup radishes
1/2 cup grape tomatoes
1/4 cup ranch salad dressing
1. Place salad blend in salad bowl.
2. Rinse all vegetables and pat dry. Cut ends off radishes and cucumber, then cut both into bite-size pieces. Add to salad.
3. Add tomatoes and dressing to salad.
4. Toss to coat and serve.
Calories 549kcal; Fat 25g; Cholesterol 35mg; Carbohydrate 62g; Fiber 11g; Protein 21g; Sodium 966mg
Vitamin A 75%; Vitamin C 73%; Calcium 7%; Iron 22%
Add items to your grocery list by clicking on the next to any item below.
The icon will change to to indicate that it has been added.
Utensils & Cookware
The slow-cooked flavor of the sauce really permeates the meatballs. Any leftover sauce can be frozen for up to one month.
Recipe Version make0014