Roast Beef With Egg Noodles
1 pound roasted beef bottom round (or use leftover chuck roast)
two 12-ounce jars brown gravy
one 10-ounce bag frozen seasoning blend
1/2 teaspoon celery seed
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon beef base
1/2 cup hot tap water
8 ounces medium egg noodles
1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
1. Cut and trim meat into bite-size chunks. Wash hands.
2. Fill saucepan 3/4 full with hot tap water, cover and place on high heat to boil for noodles.
3. Add meat, gravy, seasoning blend, celery seed, onion powder, beef base and water to large saucepan. Stir; bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Check water in saucepan for boil; when boiling, add egg noodles. Cook for 5 minutes and drain in colander. Noodles will be firm, but will complete cooking time during simmer.
5. Add noodles to meat mixture and stir. Simmer for 15 minutes.
6. Stir in sour cream; remove from heat. Serve.
one 16-ounce bag frozen Brussels sprouts
2 tablespoons water
1 tablespoon butter
1 teaspoon lemon juice
seasoned salt and pepper to taste
1. Place Brussels sprouts in microwave dish (preferably with a steamer rack).
2. Pour water over sprouts and cover. Cook in microwave on high for 4 minutes.
3. Toss gently or stir to rotate sprouts from top to bottom. Return to microwave and cook additional 2 minutes.
4. Drain water from sprouts. Cut butter into pieces and place on sprouts. Sprinkle with lemon juice, seasoned salt and pepper, and stir until butter is melted. Serve.
Calories (kcal) 633; Total Fat (g) 20.4; Saturated Fat (g) 8.2; Cholesterol (mg) 168; Carbohydrate (g) 66.2; Dietary Fiber (g) 7.3; Protein (g) 47.4; Sodium (mg) 987; Potassium (mg) 833; Calcium (mg) 146; Iron (mg) 6.3
Daily Values: Vitamin A 29%; Vitamin C 87%; Calcium 15%; Iron 35%
Add items to your grocery list by clicking on the next to any item below.
The icon will change to to indicate that it has been added.
Utensils & Cookware
Recipe Version 2day0006