2 tablespoons fresh cilantro (coarsely chopped)
2 teaspoons minced garlic
2 tablespoons corn (or canola) oil, divided
2 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs
1 teaspoon Complete seasoning
1/2 cup guava preserves
1/4 cup honey
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Combine cilantro, garlic, and 1 tablespoon oil. Open chicken thighs, skin-side down (wash hands); sprinkle evenly with Complete seasoning. Divide cilantro mixture evenly between thighs; roll chicken around filling and place seam-side down in 2-quart baking dish (wash hands).
- Whisk together 1 tablespoon oil, guava preserves, honey, and lime juice; divide mixture in half, reserving one-half for later use. Pour (or brush) remaining one-half of the mixture over chicken; brushing as needed to coat evenly. Bake 25–35 minutes or until 165°F. Transfer chicken to serving dish. Pour reserved guava mixture over chicken and serve.
CALORIES (per 1/6 recipe) 370kcal; FAT 16g; CHOL 100mg; SODIUM 135mg; CARB 30g; FIBER 0g; PROTEIN 27g; VIT A 2%; VIT C 2%; CALC 2%; IRON 8%
Banana Guava Tart
nonstick aluminum foil
1 frozen puff pastry sheet (1/2 box)
1/4 cup guava preserves
2 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon water
1 teaspoon turbinado sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line baking sheet with nonstick foil.
- Remove pastry sheet from package; place on counter to thaw 10–15 minutes or until dough unfolds easily.
- Unfold pastry; place on baking sheet. Fold over 1/2 inch on all four sides to form a raised crust. Bake 10–12 minutes or until puffed and golden. Let stand 5 minutes (puffed pastry will deflate).
- Spread guava preserves evenly over crust. Slice bananas lengthwise; arrange over preserves. Whisk together honey and water; brush over bananas and crust. Sprinkle with sugar. Bake 8–12 minutes or until crust is crisp and glaze is bubbly. Serve warm or at room temperature.
CALORIES (per 1/6 recipe) 260kcal; FAT 11g; CHOL 0mg; SODIUM 200mg; CARB 38g; FIBER 2g; PROTEIN 3g; VIT A 0%; VIT C 6%; CALC 0%; IRON 6%
- Complete your meal with red beans, rice, a watercress salad, and corn muffins.
- Very ripe plantains may be used in the tart instead of bananas.
Recipe Version poul0103