Island Shrimp Over Tostones
1/2 cup fresh pre-diced tomatoes
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
4 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
4 frozen large tostones (8 oz)
12 oz peeled/deveined shrimp (thawed)
1/2 cup fresh pre-diced onions
2 teaspoons fajita seasoning
- Peel mango and avocado; cut into small bite-size pieces.
- Combine mango, avocado, tomatoes, and lime juice; set aside.
- Preheat 2 tablespoons oil in large sauté pan on medium-high 2–3 minutes. Add tostones (oil should sizzle); cook 4–5 minutes on each side or until crisp. Drain on paper towels.
- Preheat second large sauté pan on medium-high 2–3 minutes. Place 2 tablespoons oil in pan, then add shrimp, onions, and fajita seasoning; cook and stir 1–2 minutes or until onions begin to soften.
- Stir in mango mixture; cook and stir 1–2 minutes or just until shrimp are opaque. Spoon over tostones. Drizzle with 1/2 tablespoon olive oil; serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 460kcal; FAT 31g; CHOL 125mg; SODIUM 420mg; CARB 37g; FIBER 6g; PROTEIN 16g; VIT A 25%; VIT C 60%; CALC 4%; IRON 15%
- Complete your meal with a fresh salad blend and chocolate brownies for dessert.
Recipe Version seaf0127