Creamy Chicken Shiitake Pasta
1/4 cup fresh basil, coarsely chopped
1 cup shiitake mushrooms
8 oz frozen pesto and cheese-filled ravioli
2 chicken cutlets (1/2 lb)
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
1 teaspoon canola oil
1 cup reduced-fat milk
1/2 cup chive and onion cream cheese spread
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1 cup fresh baby spinach leaves
- Bring water to boil for ravioli.
- Chop basil leaves.
- Remove stems from mushrooms; slice mushrooms thinly.
- Cook ravioli following package instructions.
- Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2–3 minutes. Season chicken with salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Place oil in pan, then add chicken; cook 2–3 minutes on each side or until 165°F. Remove chicken from pan.
- Reduce heat to medium. Whisk milk and cheese spread until smooth; add to pan. Stir in Parmesan cheese until cheese melts.
- Stir in spinach, mushrooms, ravioli, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; cook 2–3 minutes or until spinach wilts and sauce is blended. Slice chicken and arrange over ravioli; sprinkle with basil and serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 360kcal; FAT 15g; CHOL 70mg; SODIUM 680mg; CARB 30g; FIBER 2g; PROTEIN 26g; VIT A 30%; VIT C 6%; CALC 35%; IRON 15%
Chocolate Strawberry Croissants
8 Bakery mini croissants
2 cups fresh whole strawberries
1 (3.5-oz) bar dark chocolate, 70% cacao
1 tablespoon honey
1 (5.3-oz) cup fat-free Greek yogurt with honey
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Slice croissants in half lengthwise; slice strawberries thinly.
- Break chocolate into 1-inch squares, place one square inside each croissant. Top with strawberry slices and close croissant; drizzle with honey.
- Bake 8–10 minutes or until chocolate melts. Top with yogurt and serve warm. (Makes 8 servings
CALORIES (per 1/8 recipe) 210kcal; FAT 14g; CHOL 25mg; SODIUM 105mg; CARB 21g; FIBER 1g; PROTEIN 4g; VIT A 2%; VIT C 40%; CALC 4%; IRON 4%
- Complete your meal with a fresh salad blend and a crusty baguette.
- Try the croissants with any type of fresh fruit. Use dark, milk, or white chocolate, based on your preference.
Recipe Version poul0116