Chipotle Chicken Spanish Tortilla
1 chilled Deli rotisserie chicken (mojo or seasoned)
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (+ extra for topping)
1 cup pre-diced onions
1 cup pre-diced tri-color bell peppers
4 oz pre-sliced baby portabella mushrooms
2 cups refrigerated hash brown potatoes
1 (4-oz) can chopped green chiles
1 teaspoon adobo with pepper
1/4 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
1/2 cup shredded Mexican-blend cheese
1 1/2 cups egg substitute (or 6 large eggs, beaten)
- Preheat over to 350°F.
- Remove chicken from bones; chop coarsely (2 cups).
- Preheat large oven-safe sauté pan on medium-high 2–3 minutes. Place oil in pan, then add onions, peppers, and mushrooms; cook and stir 2–3 minutes or until softened.
- Stir in chicken, hash browns, chiles, adobo, and chipotle chili powder; sprinkle with cheese. Pour eggs over mixture; shake pan to distribute eggs. Bake 10–12 minutes or until eggs have set.
- Let tortilla stand 5 minutes. Place serving plate upside down on top of pan; hold pan and plate together while turning over. Carefully remove pan; slice tortilla, drizzle with extra olive oil, if desired, and serve.
CALORIES (per 1/6 recipe) 270kcal; FAT 15g; CHOL 65mg; SODIUM 830mg; CARB 13g; FIBER 1g; PROTEIN 22g; VIT A 25%; VIT C 70%; CALC 10%; IRON 10%
Cantaloupe Jicama Salad
1 medium cantaloupe
1 small jicama
1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
1 teaspoon (or more, to taste) fresh lime juice
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon (or more, to taste) crushed red pepper
1 1/2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Cut cantaloupe into bite-size pieces (3 cups); place in salad bowl.
- Cut jicama into quarters; then peel. Cut 2–3 quarters into bite-size pieces (2 cups).
- Chop cilantro.
- Combine all ingredients.
- Let stand 5–10 minutes for flavors to blend. Stir and serve.
CALORIES (per 1/6 recipe) 70kcal; FAT 1.5g; CHOL 0mg; SODIUM 115mg; CARB 16g; FIBER 3g; PROTEIN 1g; VIT A 90%; VIT C 100%; CALC 2%; IRON 4%
- Complete your meal with sour cream (for topping tortilla), fresh salad blend, and warm cinnamon rolls for dessert.
- The cantaloupe salad will continue to develop flavors after mixing. It can be prepared the day before serving.
Recipe Version poul0097