Chicken and Black Bean Pie
4 tablespoons cilantro (finely chopped), divided
7 oz quesadilla cheese
1 medium onion
1 (11-oz) box frozen ripe plantains
1 prepared pie crust
1 Deli chilled rotisserie chicken (or 2 cups shredded cooked chicken)
1/4 cup mojo marinade
1 (15.25-oz) can black beans (drained and rinsed)
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Chop cilantro.
- Shred cheese (about 1 1/2 cups).
- Chop one-half of the onion (1/2 cup).
- Cut plantains into small pieces.
- Pre-bake pie crust following package instructions.
- Shred enough chicken to equal 2 cups. (Time-Saver Tip: You probably won’t use the whole chicken for this recipe. Start by removing the large pieces of breast meat. Then, later, remove the remaining meat for another use.) Combine chicken, plantains, onions, mojo, and 2 tablespoons cilantro; transfer to pie crust.
- Top with a layer of beans, then cheese. Cover loosely with foil; bake 15–20 minutes or until thoroughly heated and cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons cilantro; drizzle with olive oil. Serve.
CALORIES (per 1/6 recipe) 500kcal; FAT 23g; CHOL 70mg; SODIUM 860mg; CARB 55g; FIBER 6g; PROTEIN 22g; VIT A 15%; VIT C 15%; CALC 4%; IRON 15%
- Complete your meal with a spinach salad and finish with flan for dessert.
- You can substitute your favorite variety of beans and cheese. Or save money by using what you have on hand.
- The colder the cheese, the easier to shred.
Recipe Version poul0114