Southwest Flank Steak With Chili Potatoes
4 tablespoons chili seasoning mix (1.25-oz packet), divided
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon ground cumin
2 teaspoons dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 tablespoon lime juice
2 lb flank steak
1 (20-oz) bag refrigerated diced potatoes with onions
4 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- Position oven rack 6 inches from broiler, then preheat oven on broil. Combine 3 tablespoons chili seasoning, brown sugar, cumin, oregano, salt, and lime juice; spread evenly over steak.
- Place steak on baking sheet; drizzle with 2 tablespoons oil. Broil 2–3 minutes on first side: turn steak and broil 5–7 more minutes or until 145°F (for medium-rare). Let steak stand 5 minutes before slicing.
- Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2–3 minutes. Combine potatoes, 1 tablespoon chili seasoning, and 2 tablespoons oil. Place potatoes in pan; cook and stir 8–10 minutes or until potatoes are browned and tender.
- Slice steak thinly, cutting across the grain of the meat, and serve over potatoes.
CALORIES (per 1/6 recipe) 500kcal; FAT 22g; CHOL 85mg; SODIUM 570mg; CARB 27g; FIBER 3g; PROTEIN 45g; VIT A 0%; VIT C 10%; CALC 4%; IRON 25%
- Complete your meal with steamed broccoli and cheese, corn muffins, then serve chocolate cake for dessert.
- Since flank steak can be tough, be sure you cut your steak across the grain for the most tender results.
Recipe Version beef0066