Stout Ale Stew
large resealable food storage bag
1/4 cup flour
1 teaspoon seasoned salt
1 pound veal cubes
1 tablespoon canola oil
one 10-ounce bag frozen seasoning blend
one 4-ounce can mushrooms (drained)
one 12-ounce jar beef gravy
2 cups stout beer
one 14 1/2-ounce can Italian herb tomatoes
4 bay leaves
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 tablespoon water
one 10-ounce box frozen mixed vegetables
1. Preheat crock pot on high for 5 minutes.
2. Place flour, seasoned salt and veal in a large resealable storage bag; shake to coat.
3. Add to crock pot, in this order: canola oil, veal, seasoning blend, mushrooms, beef gravy, stout beer, tomatoes, bay leaves and black pepper; reduce heat to low and cook for 8-10 hours.
4. 30 minutes before serving turn heat to high. In small bowl, mix corn starch and water; add to stew, stir and allow to cook for 5 minutes.
5. Add mixed vegetables and simmer for 25 minutes. Remove bay leaves and discard. Serve.
one 16-ounce bag frozen cavatelli pasta
2 tablespoons garlic butter
2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
1. Fill saucepan 3/4 full of hot water, cover and place on high heat to boil.
2. When boiling, add cavatelli and return to boiling. Boil for 8 minutes. Drain.
3. Add butter to pan and allow to melt.
4. Return cavatelli to saucepan, add Parmesan cheese. Stir to blend. Serve.
Calories (kcal) 539; Total Fat (g) 10.1; Saturated Fat (g) 3.1; Cholesterol (mg) 79; Carbohydrate (g) 69; Dietary Fiber (g) 7.6; Protein (g) 28.8; Sodium (mg) 1132; Potassium (mg) 429; Calcium (mg) 121; Iron (mg) 4
Daily Values: Vitamin A 55%; Vitamin C 23%; Calcium 12%; Iron 22%
Add items to your grocery list by clicking on the next to any item below.
The icon will change to to indicate that it has been added.
Utensils & Cookware
To make the stew into a complete meal without the cavatelli, add 2 cups refrigerated potatoes with the veal cubes.
Recipe Version make0003