Lobster Surf and Turf with Lemon Butter and Béarnaise
1 tablespoon fresh tarragon (finely chopped)
1 (4-oz) package whipped lemon yogurt
4 tablespoons lemon herb finishing butter, divided
2 lobster tails
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
1 1/2 lb grilling steaks (strip, ribeye, or sirloin)
1/2 lb fresh asparagus spears
6 oz pre-sliced portabella mushrooms
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Remove stems and chop tarragon.
- Cut lobsters (including shell) in half lengthwise.
- Remove tough root end from asparagus.
- Whisk together yogurt, 2 tablespoons herb butter, and tarragon for sauce.
- Preheat grill on high 2–3 minutes. Season steaks with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Place on grill; cook 3–5 minutes on each side or until desired doneness. Remove from grill; cover to keep warm.
- Combine asparagus, mushrooms, oil, and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Place on grill; cook 2–3 minutes, turning once, or until tender. Remove from grill; cover to keep warm.
- Melt 2 tablespoons herb butter in microwave on HIGH for 10 seconds. Brush cut side of lobster with the melted herb butter. Place lobster on grill (wash hands); cook 2–3 minutes on each side or until flesh is opaque and firm.
- Divide asparagus between serving plates. Top with steak and then mushrooms; place 1/2 lobster tail on the side. Drizzle sauce over steak and serve extra butter on the lobster.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 700kcal; FAT 46g; CHOL 260mg; SODIUM 550mg; CARB 12g; FIBER 3g; PROTEIN 58g; VIT A 20%; VIT C 6%; CALC 15%; IRON 30%
Utensils & Cookware
mixing bowls, whisk
knife and cutting board
- Complete your meal with a warm, crusty baguette and a chocolate strawberry dessert.
- After splitting the lobster tails, devein for the best flavor and appearance.
- To cook this recipe indoors, use a grill pan on your stovetop. Cook time will be about the same.
Recipe Version 02/10-0043