Rosemary-Maple Pork Tenderloin
1 medium shallot, finely chopped
1 pork tenderloin (about 1 lb)
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons canola oil
1/2 cup Marsala wine
8 oz pre-sliced baby portabellas
2 cups beef stock
1/2 cup maple syrup
3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- Chop shallot.
- Season pork with salt and pepper (wash hands).
- Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2–3 minutes. Place oil in pan, then add pork; cook 4–5 minutes, turning occasionally, or until well browned. Remove pork from pan; cover to keep warm.
- Remove pan from heat and add Marsala. Stir in mushrooms and shallots; cook and stir 2–3 minutes or until wine has completely evaporated.
- Stir in beef stock, syrup, and whole rosemary sprigs. Return pork to pan; cover and cook 10–12 minutes, turning pork occasionally, or until pork is 145°F. (Remove pork from pan; transfer to cutting board. Let pork stand 5–10 minutes before slicing.)
- Continue to cook sauce 4–5 more minutes or until thickened. Slice pork into 1-inch-thick slices; top with mushroom sauce and serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 420kcal; FAT 11g; CHOL 85mg; SODIUM 510mg; CARB 36g; FIBER 1g; PROTEIN 34g; VIT A 2%; VIT C 4%; CALC 6%; IRON 15%
1 (24-oz) bag Dutch baby potatoes
2 tablespoons water
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
Juice of 1 lemon
1 teaspoon Everglades seasoning
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Coat baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Cut potatoes in half; place in microwave-safe bowl with water.
- Cover potatoes and microwave on HIGH 7–8 minutes or until tender. Cut butter into small pieces; set aside.
- Squeeze juice of lemon over potatoes; stir in butter and seasoning. Spread potatoes in single layer on baking sheet. Bake 10–12 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until golden. Serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 230kcal; FAT 12g; CHOL 30mg; SODIUM 390mg; CARB 32g; FIBER 3g; PROTEIN 3g; VIT A 10%; VIT C 20%; CALC 15%; IRON 10%
- Complete your meal with green beans, dinner rolls, and apple pie for dessert.
- Have leftovers? Whisk 1/2 cup canola oil into 1 tablespoon meat sauce and 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar. Toss salad greens with dressing; add pork and potatoes for a hearty salad.
Recipe Version pork0059