Chicken Corn Casserole
2 1/2 cups cooked, diced chicken (chilled or frozen)
1 (11-oz) can Southwestern- or Mexican-style corn (undrained)
1 (10-oz) can mild diced tomatoes and green chiles (undrained)
1/2 cup corn muffin mix
1/4 cup light sour cream
1/4 cup light mayonnaise
1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat sharp Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Coat 2-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- Combine all ingredients (except cheese) in medium bowl. Transfer mixture to baking dish. Bake 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle cheese over top; bake 5 more minutes or until cheese melts. For best results, let stand 5 minutes before serving.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 320kcal; FAT 11g; CHOL 55mg; SODIUM 1330mg; CARB 32g; FIBER 4g; PROTEIN 23g; VIT A 10%; VIT C 8%; CALC 15%; IRON 4%
1 (3.4-oz) box instant pistachio pudding mix
2 cups reduced-fat milk
12 chocolate stick cookies
large zip-top bag
1 cup frozen non-dairy whipped topping (divided)
- Place pudding mix and milk in medium bowl. Whisk 2 minutes; let stand 5 minutes to thicken.
- Place 8 of the cookies into zip-top bag. Press gently with fingertips to crush cookies into crumbs. Reserve 1 tablespoon of the crumbs for garnish. Divide remaining crumbs evenly into four parfait (or dessert) dishes.
- Layer the whipped topping and pudding into each dish, beginning and ending with whipped topping. Sprinkle the reserved cookies evenly over each parfait. Place one whole cookie into each parfait. Serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 400kcal; FAT 15g; CHOL 25mg; SODIUM 490mg; CARB 60g; FIBER 1g; PROTEIN 6g; VIT A 4%; VIT C 4%; CALC 15%; IRON 4%
Utensils & Cookware
2-quart baking dish
4 parfait (or dessert) dishes
2 medium bowls
For a healthy twist on this simple dessert, add layers of fresh fruit and use reduced-fat whipped topping.
Recipe Version home0036