Tomato Mushroom Penne Pasta
1 (10-oz) package frozen meatless burgers (4 patties)
1 pint grape tomatoes
1 1/2 cups whole grain penne pasta
1 tablespoon canola oil
5 oz fresh pre-sliced onions (1 cup)
4 oz pre-sliced mushrooms
1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
1 jar pasta sauce (24–26 oz)
1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, coarsely chopped
- Bring water to boil for pasta.
- Cut burgers into bite-size pieces.
- Cut grape tomatoes in half, if desired; chop basil.
- Cook pasta following package instructions.
- Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2–3 minutes. Place oil in pan, then add onions; cook 2–3 minutes or until onions begin to soften. Stir in burgers, tomatoes, and mushrooms; cook and stir 2 more minutes.
- Stir seasoned salt and pasta sauce into tomato mixture until blended and hot. Spoon sauce over pasta and sprinkle with basil; serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 310kcal; FAT 10g; CHOL 0mg; SODIUM 600mg; CARB 45g; FIBER 7g; PROTEIN 12g; VIT A 30%; VIT C 60%; CALC 15%; IRON 30%
Chocolate Orange Macadamia Salad
1/3 cup macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped
2 tablespoons orange marmalade
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 cup canola oil
1 bag baby spinach leaves (4–6 oz)
1 (11-oz) can mandarin oranges (drained)
1 oz bittersweet chocolate
- Whisk together in salad bowl, marmalade, red wine vinegar, and salt. Add oil in small, steady stream, whisking continuously until blended.
- Add spinach, nuts, and oranges to dressing; toss gently until evenly coated. Shave the chocolate, with vegetable peeler or grater, over top of salad. Serve. (Makes 6 servings.)
CALORIES (per 1/6 recipe) 190kcal; FAT 16g; CHOL 0mg; SODIUM 65mg; CARB 13g; FIBER 2g; PROTEIN 1g; VIT A 20%; VIT C 15%; CALC 2%; IRON 8%
- Complete your meal with Parmesan cheese (to top pasta), a crusty baguette, and finish with a chocolate dessert.
- Make the salad dressing in your salad bowl. That way, it’s all ready to toss with your salad and there’s one less dish to clean!
Recipe Version past0047