Barbecue Baby Back Ribs
3 lb pork baby back ribs
1 (12- x 36-inch) sheet aluminum foil
1 tablespoon blackening seasoning
1 1/4 cups sweet onion barbecue sauce
1/2 cup apple cider
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place ribs on foil in single layer. Season ribs by rubbing the seasoning into ribs on both sides (wash hands). Bring up ends of foil and double-fold ends to seal. Double-fold both sides up to completely seal ribs. Place on baking sheet and bake 2 hours. NOTE: Ribs may also be cooked by placing foil pouch directly on preheated grill.
- Ribs can be finished on grill, for best flavor. Preheat grill. Remove ribs from foil pouch; place on grill. Combine barbecue sauce and cider; brush ribs with sauce and grill 3–4 minutes to improve flavor. If ribs are not finished on the grill, serve with sauce for dipping. Serve.
CALORIES (per 1/6 recipe) 480kcal; FAT 29g; CHOL 115mg; SODIUM 890mg; CARB 24g; FIBER 0g; PROTEIN 31g; VIT A 0%; VIT C 0%; CALC 6%; IRON 6%
Fresh Corn Risotto
4 ears fresh corn
1 (32-oz) box reduced-sodium vegetable broth
1 cup Arborio (or risotto) rice
1 cup fresh pre-diced onions
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Remove husks and silks from corn. Stand each cob on one end; slice downward to cut off the tops of corn kernels. Scrape cob with back of knife to remove fine bits of corn left on cob.
- Place corn in large microwave-safe bowl with remaining ingredients (except cheese). Cover and microwave on HIGH 10 minutes.
- Stir once and then microwave 10–15 more minutes or until vegetables are tender and rice is softened.
- Stir in cheese; rice will thicken as it stands. Serve.
CALORIES (per 1/6 recipe) 230kcal; FAT 5g; CHOL 10mg; SODIUM 390mg; CARB 41g; FIBER 2g; PROTEIN 5g; VIT A 20%; VIT C 6%; CALC 2%; IRON 10%
Utensils & Cookware
- Complete your meal with fresh salad blend, garlic bread, and apple pie for dessert.
- For a richer flavor, the whole ears of corn may be grilled before removing the kernels and adding to the risotto.
Recipe Version pork0056