Eggplant Olive Frittata
1 small eggplant
1/4 cup pitted kalamata olives
1/4 cup fresh basil (thinly sliced)
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons light herb/garlic spreadable cheese, divided
6 large eggs (or 1 1/2 cups egg substitute)
- Slice eggplant thinly.
- Chop olives coarsely.
- Stack basil leaves; roll tightly, then slice thinly.
- Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2–3 minutes. Place oil in pan and then add eggplant; cook and stir 4–5 minutes or until eggplant softens.
- Combine olives, basil, and 1 tablespoon cheese; whisk in eggs. Pour egg mixture over eggplant; cook 1 minute, without stirring. Cook 1–2 more minutes, tilting pan slightly and using spatula to loosen sides and allow uncooked eggs to reach bottom of pan, or until sides begin to set.
- Add 1 tablespoon cheese over egg mixture; reduce heat to medium-low and cover. Cook 5–7 minutes or until frittata is set. Cut frittata into wedges and serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 230kcal; FAT 17g; CHOL 320mg; SODIUM 250mg; CARB 7g; FIBER 2g; PROTEIN 11g; VIT A 15%; VIT C 2%; CALC 6%; IRON 6%
Dried Fruit Salad
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1 bag spring mix salad blend (5–7 oz)
1/2 cup dried apples and cranberries
1/2 cup dried strawberries
1/3 cup poppy seed dressing
- Toast pecans in small saucepan on low; cook and stir 5–7 minutes or until warm and fragrant.
- Place all ingredients in salad bowl; toss and serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 260kcal; FAT 16g; CHOL 0mg; SODIUM 190mg; CARB 23g; FIBER 3g; PROTEIN 2g; VIT A 35%; VIT C 10%; CALC 4%; IRON 6%
Utensils & Cookware
- large sauté pan with lid
- small saucepan
- medium bowl, salad bowl
- whisk, turning spatula
- tongs, cooking spoons
- knife and cutting board
- measuring utensils
- Complete your meal with lemonade, crusty bread, and pound cake for dessert.
- Sliced squash and zucchini can be used instead of eggplant in the frittata.
Recipe Version eggs0011