Soft Shell Tacos
8 flour tortillas
2 tablespoons diced onion
1 pound ground round
1 package taco seasoning mix
3 tablespoons water
1/4 head lettuce
1 cup shredded Mexican-style Cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 300°F. Wrap tortillas in foil and heat while meat is cooking.
2. Preheat sauté pan on medium-high for 2-3 minutes.
3. Place onions and crumbled ground round into pan, breaking into small pieces as it browns. Wash hands. Continue to cook until browned.
4. Drain liquid from pan. Add seasoning mixture and water; simmer for 5-10 minutes on low heat.
5. While meat is cooking, chop tomato and shred lettuce.
6. Remove tortillas from oven.
7. Let the family assemble at the table as follows: 1/4 cup meat for each taco, top with cheese, lettuce, tomato and salsa (if desired).
1 1/2 cups reduced fat milk
2 cups fresh broccoli florets
1 1/2 cups instant white rice
1/2 cup processed American cheese spread
1. Preheat saucepan on high for 1-2 minutes.
2. Add milk and broccoli and bring just to boiling point.
3. Stir in rice and cheese. Cover and allow to sit for 5 minutes.
Calories (kcal) 697; Total Fat (g) 39; Saturated Fat (g) 21; Cholesterol (mg) 137; Carbohydrate (g) 43; Dietary Fiber (g) 3.0; Protein (g) 41; Sodium (mg) 1327; Potassium (mg) 910; Calcium (mg) 536; Iron (mg) 4.2
Daily Values: Vitamin A 64%; Vitamin C 76%; Calcium 54%; Iron 23%
Add items to your grocery list by clicking on the next to any item below.
The icon will change to to indicate that it has been added.
Utensils & Cookware
Recipe Version kids0006