Asian Lettuce Cups
1 seedless cucumber
1 small head Boston lettuce
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 lb ground pork
4 oz pre-sliced baby portabellas
2 tablespoons diced pimientos (drained)
1/4 cup sesame/ginger no-sodium marinade
1/4 cup crispy rice or chow mein noodles (optional)
- Cut cucumber in half; cut one-half into 1/4-inch pieces (reserve second half for other use).
- Separate lettuce leaves into individual “cups.”
- Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2–3 minutes. Place oil in pan, then add pork, mushrooms, and pimientos; brown 5–7 minutes, stirring to crumble meat, or until no pink remains. Drain fat, if needed.
- Add marinade to pork mixture; cook and stir 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and stir in diced cucumber. Fill each lettuce cup with pork mixture and top with noodles. Roll or fold lettuce around mixture and serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 320kcal; FAT 18g; CHOL 65mg; SODIUM 135mg; CARB 15g; FIBER 2g; PROTEIN 24g; VIT A 30%; VIT C 15%; CALC 4%; IRON 15%
1 small red pepper
1 cup fresh broccoli florets
2 (3-oz) packages ramen noodle soup (any flavor)
1 (8-oz) can pineapple chunks in juice (drained)
1/2 cup refrigerated ginger dressing
- Cut pepper and broccoli into bite-size pieces; place both in salad bowl.
- Prepare noodle soup following package instructions. Squeeze noodle packages gently to break up noodles before opening. Do NOT add seasoning from packets.
- Stir pineapple and dressing into broccoli mixture.
- Drain noodles and rinse with cold running water until completely cool. Add noodles to salad; toss and serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 140kcal; FAT 9g; CHOL 0mg; SODIUM 780mg; CARB 14g; FIBER 2g; PROTEIN 36g; VIT A 25%; VIT C 70%; CALC 2%; IRON 2%
- Complete your meal with white rice and cinnamon sugar donuts for dessert.
- Ground turkey or chicken breast is an excellent low-fat substitute for the ground pork.
Recipe Version pork0021