Southwestern Sloppy Melts
1 pound ground chuck
4 teaspoons mayonnaise
8 slices Bakery English muffin bread
1 cup roasted red peppers
1/4 cup peppers and cheese spread
4 slices mild Cheddar cheese
butter cooking spray
1. Preheat 2-sided tabletop grill.
2. Place ground beef in large sauté pan. Brown on medium-high for 5-7 minutes until meat is brown and no pink remains. Stir frequently and break up meat as it cooks.
3. Spread 1 teaspoon mayonnaise on four slices of bread.
4. Pat peppers dry with paper towel. Set aside.
5. Drain meat and return to pan. Reduce heat to low and stir in cheese spread. Cook 1-2 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
6. Divide meat mixture and place on top of mayonnaise.
7. Top each with: peppers, cheese slices and remaining bread.
8. Spray top and bottom of grill with cooking spray. Grill sandwiches 3-4 minutes or until golden brown. Serve.
Peas and White Corn Salad
2 cups frozen petite peas
1 small cucumber
1 1/2 cups canned white corn
2 tablespoons roasted red peppers
1/2 cup olive oil vinaigrette salad dressing
1. Rinse peas under running water for 1-2 minutes to thaw.
2. Wash cucumber and slice ends off. Slice into bite-size pieces and place in medium mixing bowl. Finely dice red peppers.
3. Stir in corn, peppers, peas and salad dressing. Serve.
Calories 904kcal; Fat 54g; Cholesterol 143mg; Carbohydrate 67g; Fiber 7g; Protein 41g; Sodium 1741mg
Daily Values: Vitamin A 82%; Vitamin C 160%; Calcium 28%; Iron 36%
Add items to your grocery list by clicking on the next to any item below.
The icon will change to to indicate that it has been added.
Utensils & Cookware
Like things a little bolder? Substitute flame-roasted jalapeno peppers for the roasted red peppers in the sandwiches.
Recipe Version swst0021