Shrimp and Crab Gratin
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1 cup Bakery Parmesan bread chips
1/3 cup shredded Italian-blend cheese
8 oz Deli spinach artichoke dip
1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce
8 oz pasteurized lump crab meat
8 jumbo shrimp (peeled/deveined, tails on; thawed, if needed)
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Cut butter into 4 pieces and place in medium bowl to soften. Place bread chips in food processor and pulse until finely ground. Add the crumbs to butter; sprinkle with cheese and set aside.
- Place spinach artichoke dip and hot pepper sauce in medium bowl. Add crab meat, checking for any shell or cartilage pieces (wash hands); combine mixture until well-blended, taking care not to break up large lumps of crab.
- Coat 2-quart baking dish with cooking spray. Spread one-half of the crab mixture in baking dish. Arrange shrimp around edge of baking dish, with tails up; top with remaining one-half of crab mixture, spreading mixture evenly over shrimp, leaving only tails exposed.
- Mix crumb topping, using fingertips, until well blended. Spread topping over crab mixture. Bake 10–15 minutes or until topping is golden and sauce bubbles around edge of dish. Serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 400kcal; FAT 22g; CHOL 120mg; SODIUM 1230mg; CARB 22g; FIBER 1g; PROTEIN 26g; VIT A 35%; VIT C 6%; CALC 30%; IRON 15%
Strawberry Angel Trifles
1 Bakery pound cake
2 1/2 cups fresh strawberries (16 oz, rinsed)
6 (4-oz) vanilla pudding cups
1/4 cup strawberry preserves
4 teaspoons raspberry balsamic glaze (optional) whipped topping (optional)
- Cut about one-half of the pound cake into small 1/2-inch-squares (2 cups); set aside. Cut stems from strawberries and discard; slice berries thinly and set aside. Whisk together in medium bowl, pudding and strawberry preserves until well blended.
- Spoon about 2 tablespoons of the pudding mixture into each of four parfait (or wine) glasses. Top each with about 1/4 cup of the cake pieces and follow with about 1/4 cup of the sliced strawberries. Repeat layers using all of the cake, pudding mixture, and berries.
- Drizzle balsamic glaze over top of parfaits, if desired. May be chilled until ready to serve. Top with whipped topping, if desired, and serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 450kcal; FAT 13g; CHOL 55mg; SODIUM 450mg; CARB 82g; FIBER 2g; PROTEIN 4g; VIT A 6%; VIT C 100%; CALC 10%; IRON 4%
Utensils & Cookware
2-quart baking dish
4 parfait (or wine) glasses
mixing bowls, whisk
knife and cutting board
Smaller shrimp may also be used in the gratin. Remove the tails, cut them into pieces, and stir into the gratin before baking.
Recipe Version seaf0115