Orange Chicken With Oriental Salad
3 whole romaine hearts
1 yellow squash
2 bags frozen complete Chinese dinners (22–24 oz each)
1 cup fresh pre-diced tomatoes
1/4 cup ginger salad dressing
- Slice romaine into 1/2-inch-thick ribbons; place in salad bowl.
- Cut squash into 1/2-inch-cubes.
- Prepare frozen dinner following package instructions.
- Add squash and tomatoes to romaine. Complete frozen dinner.
- Add dressing to salad; toss until evenly coated. Serve.
(varies by brand/variety; see package label for values)
Oriental Salad recipe:
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 70kcal; FAT 4g; CHOL 0g; SODIUM 320mg; CARB 7g; FIBER 2g; PROTEIN 2g; VIT A 60%; VIT C 60%; CALC 6%; IRON 8%
6–8 fresh small strawberries
1/4 cup strawberry cream cheese spread
12 won ton skins (from Produce)
3 tablespoons canola oil
Cinnamon sugar blend (optional)
- Cut strawberries into small 1/4-inch-pieces (about 1/4 cup); place in small bowl.
- Stir cream cheese in gently until blended.
- Lay won ton skins flat. Place about 1 teaspoon of the strawberry mixture in center; do not over fill. Moisten a 1/4-inch-strip along outside edge; fold one corner over filling to opposite corner to form a triangle. Press edges together tightly to seal; repeat with remaining skins. Cover with plastic wrap; set aside until ready to cook.
- Preheat oil in large sauté pan on medium-high 3–4 minutes. Add 3–4 rangoons (do not crowd pan); cook 1–2 minutes on each side or until crisp and golden. Drain on absorbent paper; cook remaining rangoons. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar, if desired, and serve warm.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 200kcal; FAT 15g; CHOL 20mg; SODIUM 100mg; CARB 17g; FIBER 1g; PROTEIN 3g; VIT A 4%; VIT C 20%; CALC 2%; IRON 4%
- Complete your meal with rice, chow mein noodles (to top salad), and egg rolls.
- Cooking the rangoons in small batches is important; crowding the pan will lower the oil temperature and result in soggy rangoons.
Recipe Version poul0101