1 cup sliced almonds
1 egg (or 1/4 cup egg substitute)
1 tablespoon flour
1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
large zip-top bag
1 lb turkey cutlets (or tenderloins)
2 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup white wine
1/2 cup chicken broth
1 tablespoon diced pimientos (drained)
2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
1. Place almonds on plate. Break egg into shallow bowl and stir briskly with a fork until blended.
2. Place flour and seasoned salt in zip-top bag and shake to mix. Cut turkey into 4 servings and place in bag (wash hands); seal tightly and shake to coat.
3. Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2–3 minutes. Dip turkey in egg and then press into almonds until thoroughly coated; wash hands. (Discard any residual flour and almonds.)
4. Place butter in pan; swirl to coat. Add turkey (wash hands); cover and cook 5–6 minutes, without turning. Turn turkey carefully; cook 3 more minutes, uncovered, or until golden.
5. Stir in remaining ingredients. Reduce heat to medium; cook 4–5 minutes, stirring occasionally or until sauce has reduced by about one-half and internal temperature of turkey reaches 165°F. Use a meat thermometer to accurately ensure doneness. Serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 350kcal; FAT 20g; CHOL 140mg;
SODIUM 430mg; CARB 7g; FIBER 3g; PROTEIN 35g;
VIT A 8%; VIT C 4%; CALC 8%; IRON 15%
Wild Rice and Baby Vegetables
1 (16-ounce) bag frozen baby bean blend (green/yellow beans, carrots)
1 cup water
1 tablespoon butter
1 (6.2-ounce) box 5-minute long grain/wild rice
1. Place vegetables, water, and butter in microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on HIGH 8 minutes, stirring once, or until hot.
2. Stir in rice and seasoning packet (from rice). Cover and microwave on HIGH 5 more minutes or until vegetables are tender.
3. Let stand 3–5 minutes or until most of water is absorbed. Stir and serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 220kcal; FAT 3g; CHOL 10mg;
SODIUM 640mg; CARB 40g; FIBER 3g; PROTEIN 6g;
VIT A 30%; VIT C 6%; CALC 8%; IRON 10%
- Complete your meal with gourmet cheesecake, breadsticks, and sliced tomatoes.
- Using the zip-top bag to flour the chicken helps keep the flour from ending up all over the counter.
Recipe Version poul0035