Brats in Beer
1 tablespoon butter
4 bratwurst links
2 cups frozen pepper stir-fry (contains sliced green/red/yellow peppers and onions)
1 (8-ounce) bottle light beer
1/2 teaspoon Montreal steak seasoning
4 Bakery hoagie rolls
1. Preheat large saucepan on medium-high for 2-3 minutes.
2. Add butter and swirl to coat. Add bratwurst, cover and cook 5 minutes, turning halfway through cook time.
3. Add pepper stir-fry, beer and steak seasoning. Stir and cook 10 minutes, or until liquid is mostly absorbed, stirring occasionally.
4. Slice rolls lengthwise, leaving half inch to hold top and bottom slices together.
5. Place 1 bratwurst on each bun and divide stir-fry mixture between each serving. Serve.
1 (15-ounce) can pork and beans
1 (15-ounce) can black beans
1/4 cup hickory-smoke flavored barbecue sauce
2 tablespoons light brown sugar
1 teaspoon mustard
2 tablespoons cooked, crumbled bacon
1. Open both cans of beans, draining black beans only.
2. Place in saucepan: pork and beans, black beans, barbecue sauce, brown sugar, mustard and bacon. Stir and cook on medium 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve.
Calories 807kcal; Fat 32g; Cholesterol 58mg; Carbohydrate 98g; Fiber 13g; Protein 27g; Sodium 2367mg
Daily Values: Vitamin A 7%; Vitamin C 27%; Calcium 7%; Iron 40%
Add items to your grocery list by clicking on the next to any item below.
The icon will change to to indicate that it has been added.
Utensils & Cookware
If using frozen uncooked bratwurst, allow an extra 15 minutes cook time in step 2 and reduce heat to medium.
Recipe Version soup0034