Braised Lamb and Onions
1 medium onion
2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
2 cloves fresh garlic
2 tablespoons flour
1 teaspoon Montreal® steak seasoning
large zip-top bag
1 1/2 pounds lamb blade steak
1/4 cup Burgundy wine
1 (10 1/2-ounce) can condensed French onion soup
1. Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high for 2-3 minutes.
2. Wash, peel and slice onion into 1/4-inch strips. Place 1 tablespoon oil in pan and swirl to coat.
3. Add onions. Using garlic press, crush cloves into pan. Use knife to remove garlic from bottom of press. Sauté 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Place flour and steak seasoning in zip-top bag and shake to mix. Add lamb steaks; seal tightly and shake to coat. Wash hands.
5. Remove onions from pan and place on plate. Reduce heat to medium and place 1 tablespoon olive oil in pan and swirl to coat. Using tongs, add lamb (reserve remaining flour) and cook 6 minutes, turning halfway through cook time.
6. Add wine, onion soup, cooked onions and remaining flour. Rotate meat to mix ingredients.
7. Cover and bring to boil. Reduce heat to low, tilt cover to vent steam and simmer 1 hour, or until tender.
Zucchini and Tomatoes
1 pound pre-sliced zucchini
1 (10-ounce) can bold Italian diced tomatoes (undrained)
salt and pepper, to taste
1 tablespoon butter (optional)
1. Place zucchini in medium saucepan.
2. Stir in tomatoes, salt and pepper.
3. Cover and cook on medium-high for 8-10 minutes, or until tender, stirring occasionally.
4. Drain; stir in butter, if using, and serve.
Horseradish Mashed Potatoes
1 (20-ounce) package refrigerated mashed potatoes
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon horseradish
2 tablespoons sour cream
1. Place potatoes in microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high 2 minutes.
2. Stir in butter, horseradish and sour cream.
3. Microwave additional 2 minutes on high. Stir and serve.
Calories 645kcal; Fat 41g; Cholesterol 108mg; Carbohydrate 38g; Fiber 6g; Protein 28g; Sodium 1528mg
Daily Values: Vitamin A 16%; Vitamin C 32%; Calcium 10%; Iron 20%
Add items to your grocery list by clicking on the next to any item below.
The icon will change to to indicate that it has been added.
Utensils & Cookware
Recipe Version beef0022