Lemon Chicken Pasta
1/4 cup flour
1 teaspoon seasoned salt
large zip-top bag
1 lb boneless chicken tenders
1/4 cup garlic butter
8 ounces mostaccioli or penne rigate pasta
2 tablespoons capers
2 teaspoons chicken base
1 lemon (for juice, rinsed)
1/2 cup white wine
1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- Fill large saucepan 1/2 full of water. Cover and bring to boil on high for pasta. Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2–3 minutes.
- Place flour and seasoned salt in zip-top bag; shake to mix. Cut chicken into bite-size pieces and add to bag (wash hands). Seal bag tightly and shake to coat.
- Place garlic butter in sauté pan; swirl to coat. Add chicken (wash hands); reduce heat to medium and cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Stir pasta into boiling water. Boil 6–8 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until tender.
- Stir capers and chicken base into chicken; cook 2 minutes, stirring often, to blend flavors. Squeeze juice of lemon into chicken; stir in wine and cream. Reduce heat to low; cook 3–4 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until thoroughly heated.
- Drain pasta and stir into chicken mixture. Serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 540kcal; FAT 19g; CHOL 105mg;
SODIUM 1040mg; CARB 51g; FIBER 2g; PROTEIN 36g;
VIT A 10%; VIT C 10%; CALC 4%; IRON 15%
1 lb fresh asparagus spears (rinsed)
1 tablespoon water
1 tablespoon garlic butter
1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- Cut 1 inch from tough root end of asparagus spears and discard. To do this quickly, group half the spears together, align ends, and slice with sharp knife. Cut into 2-inch pieces. Place in microwave-safe bowl with water.
- Cover and microwave on HIGH 4–5 minutes, stirring once, or until desired tenderness. Drain asparagus; stir in garlic butter and seasoned salt. Serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 50kcal; FAT 3g; CHOL 5mg;
SODIUM 220mg; CARB 4g; FIBER 2g; PROTEIN 2g;
VIT A 20%; VIT C 10%; CALC 2%; IRON 15%
Utensils & Cookware
- large saucepan with lid
- large sauté pan
- microwave-safe bowl with lid
- colander, cooking spoons
- knife and cutting board
- measuring utensils
To get more juice from your lemon, before slicing, roll the lemon against a countertop with the flat of your hand 3 or 4 times.
Recipe Version past0016