Mexican Chicken Rice Skillet
1 tablespoon roasted garlic
2 cups frozen pepper stir-fry (bell peppers and onions)
1 (16-ounce) can pinto beans (drained)
1 (11-ounce) can whole kernel corn (drained)
1 (10-ounce) can tomatoes with green chiles (undrained)
1 cup chicken broth
2 teaspoons chili powder
2 teaspoons seafood seasoning blend
1 (10-ounce) package cooked chicken strips
2 cups instant rice
1 cup shredded Mexican-blend cheese
1. Preheat large saucepan on medium 2–3 minutes. Remove pan from heat and coat with cooking spray. Add garlic; cook 1 minute or until warmed and fragrant.
2. Stir in pepper stir-fry; cover and cook 2–3 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until thawed.
3. Stir in beans, corn, tomatoes, chicken broth, chili powder, and seafood seasoning. Cover and increase heat to high; bring to a boil.
4. Meanwhile, cut chicken into bite-size pieces; set aside.
5. Stir rice into boiling mixture; cover and cook 1 minute. Stir in chicken; remove from heat and let stand, covered, 5–7 minutes to warm chicken. Stir in cheese and serve.
CALORIES (per 1/6 recipe) 380kcal; FAT 8g; CHOL 45mg;
6 cups shredded lettuce
1 medium tomato (rinsed)
2 tablespoons sliced black olives
2 tablespoons sliced jalapeño peppers (optional)
1/4 cup ranch salad dressing
1. Place lettuce in salad bowl. Dice tomato finely; add to salad.
2. Add remaining ingredients; toss and serve.
CALORIES (per 1/6 recipe) 60kcal; FAT 5g; CHOL 5mg;
Add items to your grocery list by clicking on the next to any item below.
The icon will change to to indicate that it has been added.
Utensils & Cookware
This recipe makes a great tortilla wrap. Use large tortillas (warmed slightly in the microwave), fill with chicken rice mixture, add a little salad, then wrap and go!
Recipe Version poul0041