Ground Beef Chili
1 onion, coarsely chopped
1 1/2 lb ground chuck beef
3 tablespoons chili powder
1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 (10.75-oz) can condensed tomato soup
1 (14.5-oz) can diced tomatoes/sweet onions (undrained)
1 (10-oz) can milder diced tomatoes/green chiles (undrained)
1 (16-oz) can chili beans in mild sauce (undrained)
1 (15-oz) can black beans (drained)
- Chop onion; divide in half.
- Preheat large saucepan on medium-high 2–3 minutes. Place beef, chili powder, seasoned salt, pepper, and one-half of the onions in pan; cook 4–5 minutes, stirring to crumble meat, or until meat is brown and no pink remains.
- Stir in remaining ingredients, including remaining one-half onions. Bring to a boil, stirring often.
- Reduce heat to low; cook and stir 10 more minutes to blend flavors. Serve.
CALORIES (per 1/8 recipe) 310kcal; FAT 11g; CHOL 50mg; SODIUM 1160mg; CARB 29g; FIBER 7g; PROTEIN 22g; VIT A 25%; VIT C 20%; CALC 8%; IRON 20%
2 large eggs (or 1/2 cup egg substitute)
3/4 cup water
3 tablespoons canola oil
1 (17.4-oz) box cinnamon swirl quick bread mix
1/2 cup plain candy-coated chocolate pieces
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Coat eight cups of large-size muffin pan (or mini loaf pans) with cooking spray.
- Whisk together in large bowl: eggs, water, and oil. Stir in both bread and spice mixes (from bread mix) until blended.
- Divide batter equally among pan(s). Place one tablespoon of chocolate pieces on each muffin and stir to distribute through batter (some pieces should remain on top). Bake 20–25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in cake comes out clean. Place pan(s) on a wire rack to cool. Just before serving, drizzle with icing (from bread mix), if desired. Serve.
CALORIES (per 1/8 recipe) 400kcal; FAT 17g; CHOL 55mg; SODIUM 320mg; CARB 58g; FIBER 0g; PROTEIN 5g; VIT A 2%; VIT C 0%; CALC 8%; IRON 8%
- Complete your meal with green beans, fresh salad blend, and cornbread.
- You can cook the chili in a slow cooker. Combine everything (except beef); cook on low 4–6 hours. About 10 minutes before serving, brown the beef; then stir into chili (this keeps meat from drying out).
Recipe Version soup0086