Pineapple Pork Kabobs With Rice
large zip-top bag
3/4 pound fresh pineapple chunks (drained)
1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
1 tablespoon roasted garlic
1/4 teaspoon seasoned pepper
1 pound pork for stew
4 (12-inch) bamboo skewers
aluminum foil (optional)
1 1/2 cups water
2 cups instant rice
- Coat grill with cooking spray, then preheat.
- Combine in zip-top bag: pineapple, teriyaki sauce, garlic and seasoned pepper. Add pork; seal tightly and toss to coat. Set aside 10 minutes to marinate. Wash hands.
- Thread pork and pineapple alternating onto skewers. Begin and end each with pork. Wash hands. Discard marinade.
- Place kabobs on grill. Cover with lid or foil and grill 10-12 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 140°F. Turn 1/4 turn every two minutes, to cook evenly. Grilling times will vary depending on the thickness of the pork.
- Place water in medium saucepan. Cover and bring to a boil on high heat for rice.
- Stir rice into boiling water. Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes, or until water is absorbed. Remove skewers and serve over rice.
Ginger Maple Carrots
1 (16-ounce) bag baby carrots
1 tablespoon butter
2 tablespoons maple syrup
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- Place all ingredients in microwave-safe bowl.
- Cover and microwave on high 5 minutes.
- Remove from microwave and stir. Microwave for additional 5 minutes. Serve.
Calories 522kcal; Fat 14g; Cholesterol 90mg; Carbohydrate 65g; Fiber 1g; Protein 32g; Sodium 939mg
Daily Values: Vitamin A 45%; Vitamin C 38%; Calcium 6%; Iron 67%
Utensils & Cookware
- medium saucepan with lid
- microwave safe-bowl with lid
- cooking spoons
- measuring utensils
Soaking bamboo skewers in water overnight prevents burning when grilling.
Recipe Version pork0017