Grilled Steak With Spice Rub
13–17 sprigs fresh thyme (rinsed)
2 tablespoons ground paprika
2 teaspoons dried parsley
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon seasoned pepper blend
1 1/2 lbs boneless top sirloin steaks
1. Coat grill rack with cooking spray; preheat grill. Remove stems from thyme; place leaves in food processor (about 1 tablespoon). Add remaining ingredients (except steak); process 10–15 seconds or until coarsely chopped and blended. Place mixture on plate (may be paper).
2. Coat both sides of steaks; press with fingertips to coat thoroughly. Shake off and discard any excess rub. Let steaks stand 15 minutes to marinate (wash hands).
3. Place steaks on grill (wash hands); grill 4–5 minutes on each side or until internal temperature reaches 145°F (for medium-rare). Use a meat thermometer to accurately ensure desired doneness. (Grills vary widely; adjust time as needed.) Serve steaks with salsa. CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 370kcal; FAT 25g; CHOL 90mg;
SODIUM 670mg; CARB 3g; FIBER 1g; PROTEIN 34g;
VIT A 35%; VIT C 6%; CALC 6%; IRON 20%
1 lime (for juice, rinsed)
1 cup grape tomatoes (rinsed)
1/4 cup roasted red peppers
2 tablespoons chopped green chiles (undrained)
2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
1. Squeeze juice of one-half lime into food processor.
2. Add remaining ingredients. Pulse 5–7 times or until coarsely chopped. Chill until ready to serve over steaks. CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 15kcal; FAT 0g; CHOL 0mg;
SODIUM 60mg; CARB 4g; FIBER 1g; PROTEIN 0g;
VIT A 15%; VIT C 35%; CALC 2%; IRON 2%
1 (17-ounce) tube prepared polenta (plain or flavored)
2 tablespoons butter
1 (7-ounce) can eggplant appetizer
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2–3 minutes. Cut tube of polenta in half (squeeze ends to easily remove wrapper). Cut into bite-size pieces.
2. Place butter in pan; swirl to coat. Add polenta; cook 2–3 minutes, stirring gently, or until golden.
3. Stir in eggplant, salt, and pepper; cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until thoroughly heated. Sprinkle with cheese; remove from heat, cover, and let stand 3 minutes. Serve. CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 270kcal; FAT 11g; CHOL 15mg;
SODIUM 970mg; CARB 29g; FIBER 4g; PROTEIN 4g;
VIT A 8%; VIT C 4%; CALC 4%; IRON 2%
Add items to your grocery list by clicking on the next to any item below.
The icon will change to to indicate that it has been added.
Utensils & Cookware
Recipe Version gril0028