1 1/2 pounds 93% lean ground beef
1/4 cup frozen diced green peppers
1/4 cup frozen diced onions
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 1/2 cups hot tap water
3/4 cup reduced fat milk
2 tablespoons butter
1 1/2 cups potato flakes
one 8 1/2-ounce can whole kernel corn
one 8 1/2-ounce can green peas
one 4-ounce can mushroom pieces
one 12-ounce jar beef gravy
3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Preheat sauté pan on medium-high for 2-3 minutes.
- Place in sauté pan: ground beef, green peppers, onions, salt and pepper; cook for 10-12 minutes, stirring frequently, until beef is brown, breaking meat up as it cooks.
- Place water, milk and butter in microwave-safe bowl; microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Stir in potatoes, making sure all potatoes are moist. Microwave on high for 3 1/2 minutes.
- Open and drain corn, peas and mushrooms; set aside.
- Remove potatoes from microwave and stir; add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Drain ground beef and return to sauté pan.
- Stir into beef mixture: gravy, corn, peas and mushrooms; bring to a boil.
- Add beef mixture to baking dish. Spread potatoes evenly over beef mixture and top with cheese.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until cheese in melted. Remove from oven and allow to stand 5 minutes. Serve.
Mocha Mousse Pie
one 7-ounce can pressurized whipped cream
1 cup heavy whipping cream, divided
one 2.8-ounce package European style mousse mix
1 teaspoon hazelnut roast instant coffee
1 chocolate cookie crumb pie crust
one 1.3-ounce envelope whipped topping mix
one .85-ounce package chocolate hazelnut hot chocolate mix
additional whipped cream (optional)
cocoa powder (optional)
- Place in mixing bowl: entire contents of canned whipped cream, 1/2 cup whipping cream, mousse mix and coffee. Using a whisk, stir until well blended. Place in pie crust and set aside.
- Place one packet whipped topping mix, hot chocolate mix and remaining 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream in second mixing bowl. Using a hand mixer or whisk, mix together on high for 2 minutes. Spread over first layer and place in freezer for 20-25 minutes.
- Garnish with whipped cream and cocoa powder, if desired. For smooth slicing, rinse knife between each cut. Serve.
Calories (kcal) 806 Total Fat (g) 45.9 Saturated Fat (g) 24.3 Cholesterol (mg) 169 Carbohydrate (g) 52.2 Dietary Fiber (g) 4.7 Protein (g) 33.1 Sodium (mg) 1103 Potassium (mg) 262 Calcium (mg) 181 Iron (mg) 4.5
Daily Values: Vitamin A 25% Vitamin C 28% Calcium 18% Iron 25%
Utensils & Cookware
- 10 to 12-inch sauté pan
- cooking spoons
- microwave-safe bowl
- 8-inch square baking dish
- mixing bowls
- hand mixer or whisk
- measuring utensils
Substitute your family's favorite vegetables or vegetable blend for the corn and peas.
Recipe Version home0014