Sweet Tomato Barbecue Burger
4 (8-oz) fresh ready-to-cook stuffed burger patties
1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil (drained)
1/2 cup ranch salad dressing
1/4 cup barbecue sauce
4 hamburger buns
4 slices American cheese
- Preheat grill. Place burgers on grill and close lid (or cover loosely with foil); grill 3–5 minutes on each side or until 160°F (for medium).
Note: Burgers may be cooked in grill pan preheated on medium-high. Lightly coat pan with oil. Cook time will be about the same.
- Place tomatoes, dressing, and barbecue sauce in food processor (or blender). Process 1 minute or until smooth. Spread tomato mixture on top halves of buns.
- Top each burger with 1 slice of cheese; then place burgers on buns. Serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 830kcal; FAT 53g; CHOL 190mg; SODIUM 1420mg; CARB 34g; FIBER 2g; PROTEIN 53g; VIT A 15%; VIT C 25%; CALC 60%; IRON 30%
Blueberry Whip on Pound Cake
1/2 of a (20-oz) frozen pound cake
1 fresh pineapple (peeled/cored)
2 cups blueberries
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Cut pound cake in half (reserve remaining half for another use); set aside to thaw.
- Cut one-half of the pineapple into bite-size chunks and place in medium bowl (reserve remaining half of pineapple for another use); add blueberries. Whisk together in second medium bowl, sour cream, brown sugar, and cinnamon; chill until ready to serve.
- Stir fruit (and any juices) into sour cream mixture. Cut cake into eight slices. Serve fruit sauce over cake. (Makes 8 servings.)
CALORIES (per 1/8 recipe) 270kcal; FAT 12g; CHOL 35mg; SODIUM 95mg; CARB 38g; FIBER 2g; PROTEIN 3g; VIT A 10%; VIT C 45%; CALC 6%; IRON 4%
- Complete your meal with potato salad (or French fries), corn on the cob, and lemonade.
- This easy dessert is perfect for picnics. You can also spoon it over ice cream for a great summer treat.
Recipe Version soup0083