Sweet Tomato Barbecue Burger
4 (8-oz) fresh ready-to-cook stuffed burger patties
1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil (drained)
1/2 cup ranch salad dressing
1/4 cup barbecue sauce
4 hamburger buns
4 slices American cheese
- Preheat grill. Place burgers on grill and close lid (or cover loosely with foil); grill 3–5 minutes on each side or until 160°F (for medium).
Note: Burgers may be cooked in grill pan preheated on medium-high. Lightly coat pan with oil. Cook time will be about the same.
- Place tomatoes, dressing, and barbecue sauce in food processor (or blender). Process 1 minute or until smooth. Spread tomato mixture on top halves of buns.
- Top each burger with 1 slice of cheese; then place burgers on buns. Serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 900kcal; FAT 60g; CHOL 195mg; SODIUM 1610mg; CARB 33g; FIBER 2g; PROTEIN 54g; VIT A 15%; VIT C 25%; CALC 50%; IRON 30%
Blueberry Whip on Pound Cake
1 fresh pineapple (peeled/cored)
2 cups blueberries
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 (12-oz) Bakery butter loaf cake
- Cut one-half of the pineapple into bite-size chunks and place in medium bowl (reserve remaining half of pineapple for another use); add blueberries. Whisk together in second medium bowl, sour cream, brown sugar, and cinnamon; chill until ready to serve.
- Stir fruit (and any juices) into sour cream mixture. Cut pound cake into eight slices. Serve fruit sauce over cake. (Makes 8 servings.)
CALORIES (per 1/8 recipe) 300kcal; FAT 13g; CHOL 75mg; SODIUM 220mg; CARB 44g; FIBER 2g; PROTEIN 4g; VIT A 10%; VIT C 40%; CALC 6%; IRON 2%
- Complete your meal with potato salad (or French fries), corn on the cob, and lemonade.
- This easy dessert is perfect for picnics. You can also spoon it over ice cream for a great summer treat.
Recipe Version soup0083