Zesty Baked Perch
1 medium shallot
2 whole jalapeno pepper
1 tablespoon Italian parsley
1 tablespoon green onions
2 tablespoons shredded carrots
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon seasoned salt, divided
1 tablespoon minced onions
one 8-ounce can tomato sauce
1 1/2 pounds perch fillets
1/4 cup roasted red peppers
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Wash all vegetables.
3. Peel shallot; cut into 1-inch pieces and place in blender. Cut stems off jalapeno, remove seeds and add to blender. Remove parsley leaves from stems and add to blender. Dice green onion into 1/4-inch pieces, including up to 1/2 of green section and add to blender.
4. Add carrots, lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt, minced onions and tomato sauce to blender. Blend for 30 seconds, and set aside.
5. Wash fish and check for bones. Place on baking sheet. Wash hands. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt.
6. Pour mixture on center of fish; dividing evenly and spreading to cover fillets.
7. Cut red peppers into 1/4-inch strips and lay diagonally on top of fish.
8. Place in oven and bake for 15 minutes. Serve.
Orange Chutney Rice
1 1/2 cups orange juice
1 tablespoon chutney
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
2 cups instant rice
1. Place in saucepan: orange juice, chutney, ginger and seasoned salt. Stir, cover and bring to a boil on high heat.
2. Stir in rice; remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes.
3. Fluff lightly with fork and serve.
Calories (kcal) 425 Total Fat (g) 1.9 Saturated Fat (g) .3 Cholesterol (mg) 153 Carbohydrate (g) 59.9 Dietary Fiber (g) 2 Protein (g) 38.5 Sodium (mg) 1080 Potassium (mg) 523 Calcium (mg) 151 Iron (mg) 3.3
Daily Values: Vitamin A 40% Vitamin C 61% Calcium 15% Iron 18%
Add items to your grocery list by clicking on the next to any item below.
The icon will change to to indicate that it has been added.
Utensils & Cookware
Sprinkle fish with Italian seasoning and parmesan cheese for a classic taste. This recipe will work well with grouper, snapper or flounder.
Recipe Version seaf0026