Grilled Pork Calypso
large zip-top bag
1/4 cup light brown sugar
1/4 cup rice vinegar
1/4 cup cream sherry
1/4 cup mango chutney
2 tablespoons Heinz 57 Sauce®
1 teaspoon Montreal steak seasoning
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 medium yellow bell pepper (rinsed)
1 large Granny Smith apple (rinsed)
1 large red onion (rinsed)
1 1/2 lb boneless pork chops (3/4-inch thick)
1. Preheat 2-sided tabletop grill. Combine all ingredients (except pepper, apple, onion, and pork chops) in large zip-top bag; seal tightly and shake to mix.
2. Remove ends, seeds, and core from pepper and apple; remove ends and peel from onion. Slice each into four 3/4-inch-thick slices. Add with pork chops to zip-top bag (wash hands). Seal tightly and shake to coat; let marinate 10 minutes, turning occasionally.
3. Place pepper, apple, and onion slices on grill; close lid and grill 3–5 minutes or until peppers and apples are browned and tender. (If using regular grill, double cooking time, turning once.) Remove peppers and apples from grill.
4. Add pork chops (with onions) to grill (wash hands); close lid and grill 3–4 minutes until internal temperature of pork reaches 160°F (for medium). Use a meat thermometer to accurately ensure doneness. (If using regular grill, double cooking time, turning once.) Serve pork topped with peppers, apples, and onions.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 490kcal; FAT 19g; CHOL 100mg; SODIUM 540mg; CARB 40g; FIBER 2g; PROTEIN 36g;
VIT A 2%; VIT C 100%; CALC 6%; IRON 10%
1 tablespoon garlic butter
8 ounces orzo pasta
1/2 teaspoon Montreal steak seasoning
2 cups water
2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
1. Preheat medium saucepan on medium-high 2–3 minutes. Place butter in pan; swirl to coat.
2. Stir in orzo; cook 3 minutes, stirring frequently, or until lightly browned. Stir in seasoning and water; cover and bring to boil.
3. Reduce heat to medium; cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until most of liquid is absorbed.
4. Remove pan from heat; stir in parsley. Cover and let stand 4–5 minutes or until water is absorbed. Serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 230kcal; FAT 3.5g; CHOL 5mg; SODIUM 120mg; CARB 42g; FIBER 2g; PROTEIN 8g;
VIT A 2%; VIT C 0%; CALC 2%; IRON 10%
Utensils & Cookware
- 2-sided tabletop grill, tongs
- medium saucepan with lid
- cooking spoon
- meat thermometer
- knife and cutting board
- measuring utensils
For extra flavor, the pork and vegetables can be marinated for 30-45 minutes.
Recipe Version gril0017