Chicken and Peppers Pie
one 10-ounce package refrigerated cooked chicken strips
4 green onions
1/2 cup roasted red peppers
one 10 3/4-ounce can condensed cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup picante sauce
1/2 cup sour cream
2 teaspoons chili powder
6 frozen corn toaster muffins
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Place chicken in mixing bowl, breaking up any large-size pieces.
3. Wash green onions and discard any wilted parts. Cut into 1/4-inch slices, using up to 1-inch of green tops. Add to chicken.
4. Drain red peppers and dice. Add to chicken mixture.
5. Stir soup, picante sauce, sour cream and chili powder in to chicken mixture. Place mixture in baking dish.
6. Bake for 15 minutes.
7. Remove from oven and stir.
8. Separate bread. Lay 4 slices on pie, placing one at each corner. Cut other two slices into thirds and place between slices. Bake additional 15 minutes or until bread is golden. Serve.
Spiced Up Yellow Rice
2 1/2 cups hot tap water
2 tablespoons roasted red peppers
1 tablespoon butter
one 10-ounce package yellow rice
1/2 teaspoon Montreal steak seasoning
1. Place water in saucepan; cover and place on high heat to boil for rice.
2. Finely dice red peppers and set aside.
3. When water boils, stir in butter, rice and steak seasoning. Reduce heat to low, cover and allow to simmer for 15 minutes.
4. When rice cooking time is complete, remove from heat. Stir in red peppers. Allow to sit for 10 minutes to absorb all liquid from pan.
Calories (kcal) 477 Total Fat (g) 13.3 Saturated Fat (g) 5 Cholesterol (mg) 59 Carbohydrate (g) 61.3 Dietary Fiber (g) 1.1 Protein (g) 22.1 Sodium (mg) 1896 Potassium (mg) 107 Calcium (mg) 146 Iron (mg) 4.6
Daily Values: Vitamin A 40% Vitamin C 64% Calcium 15% Iron 26%
Add items to your grocery list by clicking on the next to any item below.
The icon will change to to indicate that it has been added.
Utensils & Cookware
Refrigerated bread sticks can be substituted for the corn toaster muffins, just criss-cross sticks over top of pie.
Recipe Version swst0005