Southern-Style Chicken and Dumplings
one 32-ounce box low-sodium chicken broth
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
2 cups self-rising flour
1 cup reduced fat milk
one 18-ounce bag frozen chicken breast strips
1. Place chicken broth and pepper in saucepan; cover and bring to a full boil on high heat.
2. Place flour and milk in mixing bowl; mix until a slightly lumpy dough is formed.
3. Drop tablespoons of dough into boiling broth using two tablespoons; one to scoop and one to scrape. Reduce heat to medium, cover and cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Add chicken, cover and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent gravy from sticking to bottom of pan. Serve.
Seasoned Mixed Greens
one 27-ounce can mixed greens
1 teaspoon granulated garlic
1. Place greens and garlic in microwave-safe dish. Stir, cover and microwave on high for 4 minutes.
2. Remove from microwave, stir and serve.
Calories (kcal) 468; Total Fat (g) 6.1; Saturated Fat (g) .8; Cholesterol (mg) 73; Carbohydrate (g) 58.6; Dietary Fiber (g) 5.1; Protein (g) 52.8; Sodium (mg) 1695; Potassium (mg) 316; Calcium (mg) 544; Iron (mg) 5
Daily Values: Vitamin A 56%; Vitamin C 47%; Calcium 54%; Iron 28%
Add items to your grocery list by clicking on the next to any item below.
The icon will change to to indicate that it has been added.
Utensils & Cookware
For a makeover into chicken stew, stir a can of mixed vegetables in with step 4 of chicken and dumplings.
Recipe Version home0010