Rosemary Sticky Rice
1 sprig fresh rosemary (rinsed)
1 cup Arborio (or risotto) rice
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
1/3 cup sweet Marsala wine
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Snip rosemary leaves finely, using kitchen shears (2 teaspoons). Place in microwave-safe bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients. Cover and microwave on HIGH 20–22 minutes, stirring twice, or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender. Fluff rice with fork and serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 200kcal; FAT 7g; CHOL 20mg; SODIUM 220mg; CARB 22g; FIBER 0g; PROTEIN 6g; VIT A 4%; VIT C 0%; CALC 6%; IRON 2%
1 cup frozen nondairy whipped topping
1 (4-serving) box vanilla instant pudding mix
1 (20-ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice (undrained)
1 (15-ounce) Bakery round angel food cake
1 cup fresh mixed berries (such as strawberries, blueberries, or raspberries, rinsed)
- Measure whipped topping and set aside to soften. Combine in medium bowl, dry pudding mix and pineapple. Gently stir in whipped topping.
- Slice cake horizontally into 3 layers. Place bottom cake layer on serving plate; top with 1/3 of the pudding mixture. Repeat layers two times.
- Chill cake at least 1 hour. Top with berries just before serving. Store leftovers in refrigerator. (Makes 12 servings.)
CALORIES (per 1/12 recipe) 160kcal; FAT 1g; CHOL 0mg; SODIUM 310mg; CARB 36g; FIBER 1g; PROTEIN 3g; VIT A 0%; VIT C 15%; CALC 10%; IRON 2%
Chard With Vinaigrette
2 lb fresh Swiss or rainbow chard (rinsed)
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1/3 cup pre-diced red onions
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1/4 cup raspberry (or savory-flavored) vinaigrette
- Chop chard leaves coarsely, discarding stems. Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2–3 minutes.
- Place oil in pan; swirl to coat. Add onions; cook 2–3 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until onions begin to soften.
- Stir in chard, salt, and pepper. Cook 4–5 minutes or until leaves are wilted. Drizzle with vinaigrette and serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 110kcal; FAT 6g; CHOL 0mg; SODIUM 570mg; CARB 14g; FIBER 4g; PROTEIN 4g; VIT A 250%; VIT C 60%; CALC 10%; IRON 25%
Utensils & Cookware
2 large sauté pans
microwave-safe bowl with lid
kitchen shears, cooking spoons
knife and cutting board
These sides are designed to go with Ready-to-Cook entrees from the Meat Department. You'll find a wide variety every day; we do the work, you just choose one, and you're ready to go.
Recipe Version home0033