Stuffed Pork Chops
1 teaspoon fresh mint
3/4 cup water
1/4 cup raisins
2 cups stuffing mix
salt and pepper, to taste
1 1/2 pounds boneless pork chops (4 chops)
one 12-ounce jar homestyle pork gravy
1. Preheat oven to 450°F.
2. Wash mint and separate leaves from stems; discard stems. Finely chop enough mint leaves for 1 teaspoon and place in a small mixing bowl.
3. Add egg and water to mint; whisk together.
4. Add raisins and stuffing mix to egg; mix well.
5. Butterfly pork chops for stuffing. (To butterfly, lay pork chops flat. Slice horizontally through center of pork chops to form a pocket, leaving 1/2 inch uncut to hold top and bottom slices together.) Salt and pepper pork chops, to taste.
6. Place pork chops in baking dish with butterfly open. Stuff each pork chop with stuffing mixture. Fold top half of pork chop over stuffing to close. Add remaining stuffing to center of dish. Wash hands.
7.Pour gravy over pork chops, place in oven and bake 20-30 minutes, or until internal stuffing temperature is 165°F.
Country-Style Mashed Potatoes
one 20-ounce package country-style mashed potatoes
1/4 cup reduced fat milk
1 tablespoon butter
1. Place potatoes in microwave-safe cooking dish. Microwave on high for 2 minutes.
2. Add milk and stir. Add butter and stir.
3. Heat potatoes in microwave on high for additional 2 minutes. Serve.
Winter Fruit Compote
one 26-ounce jar mixed fruit, drained, reserving 1/2 cup juice
2 cinnamon sticks
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
one 7-ounce package dried mixed fruit
1/2 cup orange marmalade
1/4 cup sherry
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1. Preheat saucepan on high for 2-3 minutes.
2. Drain mixed fruit, reserving 1/2 cup of juice; discard remainder of juice. Set fruit aside for step 5.
3. Add reserved juice, cinnamon sticks, vanilla and nutmeg to saucepan; bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Add dried fruit, marmalade, sherry and brown sugar. Cover and continue to simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Remove from heat; set aside (covered) for 5 minutes.
6. Add drained mixed fruit to warm fruit mixture. Remove and discard cinnamon sticks and serve. (Makes 6 servings.)
Calories (kcal) 912; Total Fat (g) 18.4; Saturated Fat (g) 6.9; Cholesterol (mg) 138; Carbohydrate (g) 139; Dietary Fiber (g) 9.7; Protein (g) 45.3; Sodium (mg) 1674; Potassium (mg) 732; Calcium (mg) 204; Iron (mg) 7.2
Daily Values: Vitamin A 24%; Vitamin C 96%; Calcium 20%; Iron 40%
Add items to your grocery list by clicking on the next to any item below.
The icon will change to to indicate that it has been added.
Utensils & Cookware
Recipe Version home0009