2 frozen puff-pastry sheets
1 pound top sirloin steak (4 steaks)
1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
1 tablespoon flour
2 (4-ounce) cans portabella mushrooms
4 teaspoons pâté
1 tablespoon refrigerated egg substitute
1 tablespoon garlic butter
2 tablespoons Marsala wine
1 (1 1/4-ounce) packet hunter sauce mix
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Preheat 2-sided tabletop grill.
2. Place pastry sheets on microwave-safe plate (may be paper) and microwave on high for 15 seconds. Rotate pastry sheets one half-turn and microwave 15 seconds more; set aside.
3. Sprinkle seasoned salt on both sides of steaks.
4. Spray both sides of grill with cooking spray. Using tongs, place steaks on grill and grill 4 minutes. (If using regular grill, double cooking time, turning once.) Note: This results in a medium to medium-rare steak. Cooking time may need to be adjusted for varying thickness of steaks. Because steak will bake in pastry, steak should be cooked slightly less than personal preference.
5. Lightly flour flat surface. Lay pastry sheets on flour; unfold and cut in half.
6. Open and drain 1 can of mushrooms, and pat dry with paper towel. Divide and place mushrooms in center of each pastry.
7. Place grilled steaks on top of mushrooms. Top each with 1 teaspoon pâté. Wrap pastry sheets over steaks and pinch ends together tightly to seal.
8. Spray baking sheet with cooking spray. Place pastries seam side down on baking sheet.
9. Brush pastries with egg substitute. Bake 20 minutes.
10. Preheat saucepan on medium-high 2-3 minutes.
11. Place butter in pan and swirl to coat. Whisk together remaining mushrooms (undrained), wine and hunter sauce mix.
12. Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer 10 minutes, whisking occasionally. Serve sauce over beef-filled pastries.
White Mushroom and Asparagus Sauté
1 pound fresh asparagus
4 ounces fresh sliced mushrooms (1/2 package)
1 tablespoon garlic butter
2 teaspoons sesame seeds
1/4 cup water
1 teaspoon vegetable seasoning blend
1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
1. Wash asparagus and cut 1-inch from the end of the stalk and discard. To do this quickly, group half the stalks together, align at the stalk end and slice with a sharp knife. Cut asparagus into 2-inch pieces.
2. Wash mushrooms and set aside.
3. Preheat large sauté pan on medium high for 2-3 minutes. Place butter in pan, and swirl to coat.
4. Add sesame seeds and brown 1 minute, or until lightly brown. Add asparagus, mushrooms and water. Reduce heat to medium; cover, and cook 4 minutes, stirring frequently.
5. Add seasoning blend and seasoned salt; cook additional 3 minutes. Serve.
Calories 872kcal; Fat 58g; Cholesterol 89mg; Carbohydrate 51g; Fiber 2g; Protein 34g; Sodium 1329mg
Daily Values: Vitamin A 15% Vitamin C 15% Calcium 4% Iron 45%
Add items to your grocery list by clicking on the next to any item below.
The icon will change to to indicate that it has been added.
Utensils & Cookware
Top sirloin replaces filet mignon in this classic recipe, to create a more cost-effective dish. For a real treat, use the filet.
Recipe Version beef0009