Zesty Lemon White Fish
4 flounder (or tilapia) fillets (about 1 1/2 lbs; thawed, if needed)
1/4 cup white wine
1/2 teaspoon seafood seasoning blend
1/4 cup pre-diced onions
1 lemon (for juice and zest, rinsed)
4 teaspoons butter, divided
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Coat baking dish with cooking spray; arrange fish fillets in dish (wash hands). Pour wine over fish; sprinkle with seasoning and onions.
2. Peel several strips of lemon peel, without any white pith, with zester (or vegetable peeler). Chop finely for zest (1 tablespoon); sprinkle over fish. Squeeze juice of one-half lemon over fish (reserve other half for broccoli recipe).
3. Place 1 teaspoon of the butter on each fish fillet. Bake 12 minutes or just until fish is opaque and separates easily with a fork. Serve. CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 210kcal; FAT 6g; CHOL 90mg;
SODIUM 230mg; CARB 2g; FIBER 0g; PROTEIN 32g;
VIT A 4%; VIT C 10%; CALC 4%; IRON 4%
1 tablespoon pre-diced onions
1 teaspoon seafood seasoning blend
1 teaspoon dried parsley
1/4 teaspoon dried mint (optional)
1 cup water
3/4 cup mango nectar
2 cups instant white rice
1. Place all ingredients (except rice) in medium saucepan; cover and bring to a boil on high.
2. Stir rice into boiling mixture; cover, remove from heat, and let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with fork and serve. CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 210kcal; FAT 0g; CHOL 0mg;
SODIUM 125mg; CARB 47g; FIBER 1g; PROTEIN 4g;
VIT A 6%; VIT C 15%; CALC 2%; IRON 20%
12 ounces fresh broccoli florets (rinsed)
1/3 cup water
1 lemon (for juice, rinsed)
1/2 tablespoon butter
1/2 teaspoon seafood seasoning blend (or seasoned salt)
1. Break broccoli into bite-size pieces; place in microwave-safe bowl. Add water, cover, and microwave on HIGH 4 minutes, stirring once, or until desired tenderness.
2. Drain. Lightly squeeze juice of one-half lemon over broccoli; stir in remaining ingredients and serve. CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 35kcal; FAT 1.5g; CHOL 5mg;
SODIUM 90mg; CARB 4g; FIBER 2g; PROTEIN 3g;
VIT A 50%; VIT C 130%; CALC 4%; IRON 4%
Add items to your grocery list by clicking on the next to any item below.
The icon will change to to indicate that it has been added.
Utensils & Cookware
The lemon zest in this recipe adds a tangy citrus taste to the fish. Peel extra strips of the lemon peel and freeze for later use.
Recipe Version seaf0029