2 medium eggplant
salt and pepper, to taste
vegetable cooking spray
one 14 1/2-ounce can diced tomatoes
2 teaspoons roasted garlic
1 tablespoon pesto sauce
1 tablespoon onion flakes
1/2 cup shredded carrots
1/4 cup Italian bread crumbs
1/4 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
one 14-ounce jar pasta sauce
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Wash and cut ends off egg plant. Using a vegetable peeler, remove all skin.
3. Preheat sauté pan on medium high for 2-3 minutes.
4. Cut eggplant into 1/2-inch cubes to equal approximately 8 cups. Salt and pepper to taste.
5. Spray pan with cooking spray and place eggplant in pan. Sauté for 5 minutes; stirring frequently.
6. Open and drain tomatoes. Add to sauté pan with: garlic, pesto, onions and carrots. Simmer for 3 minutes; stirring frequently.
7. Place casserole dishes on baking sheet and spray dishes with cooking spray.
8. Place 1/4 mixture into each dish. Sprinkle each casserole with 1 tablespoon each bread crumbs and cheese. Place in oven and bake for 15 minutes.
9. During last two minutes of baking time, place pasta sauce in microwave-safe bowl; cover and microwave on high for 2 minutes.
10. Pour pasta sauce over eggplant and serve.
Garden Vegetable Brown Rice
1 tablespoon fresh basil leaves
one 14 1/2-ounce can vegetable broth
3 tablespoons garden vegetable salad toppers
1 teaspoon seasoned salt
2 cups instant brown rice
1. Wash and chop basil, discarding any tough stems.
2. Place in saucepan: broth, salad toppers, seasoned salt and basil. Cover and bring to a boil on high heat.
3. Stir in rice, cover and return to boil.
4. When boiling, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Remove from heat; stir, cover and let stand 5 minutes. Fluff lightly with fork and serve.
Calories (kcal) 421 Total Fat (g) 9.4 Saturated Fat (g) 2 Cholesterol (mg) 6 Carbohydrate (g) 75.5 Dietary Fiber (g) 9.8 Protein (g) 12.4 Sodium (mg) 1984 Potassium (mg) 550 Calcium (mg) 168 Iron (mg) 2.7
Daily Values: Vitamin A 68% Vitamin C 39% Calcium 17% Iron 15%
Add items to your grocery list by clicking on the next to any item below.
The icon will change to to indicate that it has been added.
Utensils & Cookware
Zucchini or yellow squash may be added to replace one of the eggplants for a ratatouille style dish.
Recipe Version vege0008