1 boneless turkey breast roast with gravy mix packet (3 lb; thawed)
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1 tablespoon + 1/2 teaspoon Baja citrus marinade mix, divided
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
4 (4-inch) bamboo skewers
1 cup water
1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Remove turkey from packaging and pat dry (reserve gravy packet).
- Combine cumin, 1 tablespoon marinade mix, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Season turkey with spice mixture.
- Form breast back into roast shape (skin side up); use skewers to hold roast together. Coat top with cooking spray. Place on rack in roasting pan (wash hands). Cook 1–1 1/2 hours or until 165°F. Let turkey stand 5 minutes before slicing.
- Combine in medium saucepan, contents of gravy mix packet with water, broth, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon marinade mix, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Bring to a boil on medium-high, stirring often. Slice turkey and serve with gravy. (Makes 8 servings.)
CALORIES (per 1/8 recipe) 190kcal; FAT 5g; CHOL 70mg; SODIUM 1080mg; CARB 6g; FIBER 0g; PROTEIN 32g; VIT A 0%; VIT C 2%; CALC 0%; IRON 6%
8 oz cream cheese
8 oz frozen whipped nondairy topping, divided
2 (1-oz) squares semi-sweet baking chocolate
1/2 cup water
1 teaspoon instant coffee granules (or powder)
3 cups reduced-fat milk
2 (4-serving) boxes vanilla instant pudding mix
48 vanilla wafer cookies
1 cup fresh (or frozen) raspberries
- Place cream cheese in large bowl and cut into 6–8 chunks. Remove lid from whipped topping; set both aside to soften.
- Grate chocolate coarsely using largest holes of cheese grater; set aside.
- Place water in microwave-safe cup. Microwave on HIGH 30–40 seconds or until hot. Stir in coffee granules; set aside to cool.
- Beat cream cheese with electric mixer until creamy. Add milk gradually until blended. Add dry pudding mix; mix until blended. Stir in 2 cups of the whipped topping.
- Place 24 cookies in bottom of dessert bowl; drizzle with one-half of the coffee. Spoon in one-half of the pudding mixture; sprinkle with one-half of the chocolate. Repeat all layers.
- Top with remaining 1 cup whipped topping and raspberries. Chill until ready to serve. (Makes 16 servings.)
CALORIES (per 1/16 recipe) 230kcal; FAT 12g; CHOL 25mg; SODIUM 300mg; CARB 29g; FIBER 1g; PROTEIN 3g; VIT A 6%; VIT C 4%; CALC 8%; IRON 2%
- Complete your meal with cornbread stuffing, green beans, and dinner rolls.
- Add 1/4 teaspoon lime juice to the turkey gravy for an added burst of flavor.
Recipe Version poul0089