Chicken and Bacon Rolls
1 lime (for zest and juice, rinsed)
1 medium orange (for zest and juice, rinsed)
1/2 teaspoon adobo with pepper, divided
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon ground paprika
4 boneless chicken cutlets (1-1 1/4 lb)
6 slices bacon
1. Peel lime and orange, without any white pith, with zester (or vegetable peeler). Chop both finely for zest; place in medium bowl.
2. Squeeze juice of lime and juice of one-half orange into bowl. Stir in 1/4 teaspoon of the adobo along with remaining ingredients (except chicken and bacon).
3. Lay cutlets out flat; divide cheese mixture evenly over one end of each cutlet. Roll chicken around cheese mixture, tucking in sides of chicken while rolling; sprinkle with remaining 1/4 teaspoon adobo (wash hands).
4. Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2–3 minutes. Wrap 1–1 1/2 slices bacon around each chicken roll; place in pan (wash hands). Cover and cook 10–12 minutes, turning occasionally for even browning, or until internal temperature reaches 165°F. Use a meat thermometer to accurately ensure doneness. Serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 440kcal; FAT 23g; CHOL 135mg;
1 (24-ounce) bag baby Dutch yellow potatoes (rinsed)
1 medium red onion (rinsed)
1 fresh jalapeño pepper (rinsed)
2 tablespoons canola oil
6 ounces microwaveable baby carrots
2 (5-gram) packets sazón seasoning
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1. Cut potatoes into quarters. Remove ends and peel from onion; cut onion in half. Cut one-half onion into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Cut jalapeño in half (remove seeds and membrane); chop jalapeño finely.
2. Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2–3 minutes. Place oil in pan; swirl to coat.
3. Add remaining ingredients; cover and cook 15–20 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until potatoes are browned and tender when pierced by a fork. Serve. (Makes 6 servings.)
CALORIES (per 1/6 recipe) 140kcal; FAT 4.5g; CHOL 0mg;
Add items to your grocery list by clicking on the next to any item below.
The icon will change to to indicate that it has been added.
Utensils & Cookware
Recipe Version poul0081