Baked Cod Giovanni
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
2 teaspoons roasted garlic
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
large zip-top bag
1 1/2 pounds cod fillets (thawed, if needed)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
8 teaspoons Italian bread crumbs
2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Place lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, and Italian seasoning in zip-top bag; shake gently to mix ingredients.
2. Cut fish into 4 portions and add to bag. Wash hands. Knead bag to evenly coat fish; let stand 5 minutes to marinate.
3. Coat baking sheet with cooking spray. Place fish, using tongs, on baking sheet with skin (or darkest) side down. Sprinkle top of each fillet with salt, pepper, and 2 teaspoons bread crumbs; then coat with cooking spray. Bake 15 minutes or until fish is opaque and separates easily with a fork. Sprinkle with cheese and serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 200kcal; FAT 5g; CHOL 65mg; SODIUM 380mg; CARB 4g; FIBER 0g; PROTEIN 32g; VIT A 2%; VIT C 10%; CALC 6%; IRON 4%
8 ounces shell pasta
1 1/2 cups pasta sauce
1 (10-ounce) container light Alfredo sauce
1. Fill large saucepan 1/2 full of water. Cover and bring to a boil on high for pasta.
2. Stir pasta into boiling water. Boil 7–8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender.
3. Drain pasta and return to pan. Stir in sauces, heat 2–3 more minutes, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly heated. Serve. (Makes 6 servings.)
CALORIES (per 1/6 recipe) 250kcal; FAT 6g; CHOL 15mg; SODIUM 550mg; CARB 41g; FIBER 2g; PROTEIN 9g; VIT A 6%; VIT C 6%; CALC 10%; IRON 6%
Green Beans With Mushrooms
1 (16-ounce) bag frozen cut green beans
1 (4-ounce) can mushroom pieces (undrained)
1 tablespoon garlic butter
2 teaspoons sesame seeds
1 teaspoon vegetable seasoning blend
1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Place beans and mushrooms in microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on HIGH 4 minutes.
2. Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2–3 minutes. Place butter in pan; swirl to coat. Add sesame seeds and heat 1 minute, stirring frequently, until lightly browned.
3. Drain bean mixture; add to sauté pan. Sprinkle with seasoning blend and salt. Reduce to medium; cover and cook 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until desired tenderness. Serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 80kcal; FAT 4g; CHOL 5mg; SODIUM 560mg; CARB 10g; FIBER 4g; PROTEIN 3g; VIT A 15%; VIT C 25%; CALC 6%; IRON 8%
Add items to your grocery list by clicking on the next to any item below.
The icon will change to to indicate that it has been added.
Utensils & Cookware
Pre-soak fish 10 minutes in milk before marinating (then discard milk). This draws out any strong smell and gives a milder flavor.
Recipe Version seaf0030