Chicken, Chilies and Beans
1 tablespoon garlic butter
1 tablespoon roasted garlic
1 (10-ounce) bag frozen seasoning blend(contains diced onions, green/red peppers, celery and parsley)
2 tablespoons flour
2 cups frozen diced chicken breast
1 (16-ounce) can pinto beans (drained)
1 (15-ounce) can black beans (drained)
1 (4.5-ounce) can chopped green chilies (undrained)
1 tablespoon chicken base
2 cups water
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon oregano
1/4 teaspoon green pepper sauce
2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
1. Preheat large saucepan on medium-high for 2-3 minutes.
2. Place butter in pan and swirl to coat. Stir in garlic and seasoning blend, cover and cook 8-10 minutes, or until tender, stirring occasionally.
3. Stir in flour and cook 2 minutes, stirring often.
4. Stir in chicken, beans, chilies, chicken base, water, cumin, oregano and pepper sauce. Increase heat to high, cover and bring to boil. Continue moderate boil 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Remove from heat and sprinkle with cheese. Cover and let stand 2-3 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Serve.
2 cups tomato juice
1/2 cup water
1 (6-ounce) box Mexican fiesta rice (10 minute variety)
1. Place tomato juice in medium saucepan and bring to boil on medium-high.
2. Stir in water, rice, seasoning packet (from rice) and return to boil.
3. Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer 10 minutes.
4. Remove from heat and let stand 10 minutes. Serve.
Calories 731kcal; Fat 24g; Cholesterol 100mg; Carbohydrate 80g; Fiber 15g; Protein 49g; Sodium 2946mg
Daily Values: Vitamin A 33%; Vitamin C 51%; Calcium 61%; Iron 36%
Add items to your grocery list by clicking on the next to any item below.
The icon will change to to indicate that it has been added.
Utensils & Cookware
The shredded cheese although delicious, represents about 75% of the fat in this meal. Reduce or eliminate the cheese for a quick and tasty low fat dinner.