1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1 lb ground chicken
1/3 cup sliced green olives (drained)
1 1/2 cups low-sodium tomato sauce
1/3 cup pre-diced onions
1/4 cup raisins
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
4 medium flour (or corn) tortillas
1. Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2–3 minutes.
2. Place oil in pan; swirl to coat. Add chicken; cook 5–7 minutes, stirring to crumble meat, or until meat is brown and no pink remains. Meanwhile, chop olives coarsely.
3. Stir in remaining ingredients; cook 6–8 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until flavors are blended and mixture is thoroughly heated. Meanwhile, wrap tortillas in paper towel and microwave on HIGH 30–45 seconds or until warm. Spoon meat into tortillas and serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 380kcal; FAT 17g; CHOL 75mg;
Garlic Roasted Peppers
nonstick aluminum foil
3 medium bell peppers (green, yellow, orange, and/or red; rinsed)
2/3 cup mojo marinade
1. Place oven rack 6 inches from broiler, then preheat oven on broil. Line baking sheet with nonstick foil. Cut peppers lengthwise into quarters; remove seeds and membranes. Place peppers in medium bowl.
2. Stir mojo into peppers until evenly coated. Let stand 5 minutes, turning occasionally, to marinate. NOTE: The peppers can be marinated overnight for more flavor; just place in a large zip-top bag and refrigerate.
3. Arrange peppers in single layer on baking sheet. Pour remaining mojo over peppers; then coat top of peppers with cooking spray. Broil 3–4 minutes or until peppers begin to brown.
4. Turn peppers over; broil 3 more minutes or until tender. Serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 40kcal; FAT 0g; CHOL 0mg;
Add items to your grocery list by clicking on the next to any item below.
The icon will change to to indicate that it has been added.
Utensils & Cookware
Mojo [MOH-hoh] is a seasoned marinade usually with fruit juice and garlic; use on meat, seafood, or vegetables. Also, this meal is an excellent source of vitamin A and vitamin C.
Recipe Version poul0079