Wild Mushroom and Rice Soup
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 (10-ounce) package frozen seasoning blend (contains diced onions, green/red peppers, celery and parsley)
1 (4-ounce) package gourmet mushroom blend
1 (8-ounce) package sliced mushrooms
3 tablespoons diced pimientos
1 tablespoon roasted garlic
1/2 cup fresh parsley
1 tablespoon hickory-flavor marinade
1 (6.1-ounce) box butter and herb wild rice
1 (14-ounce) can reduced-sodium chicken broth
1 (14-ounce) can water
1/4 cup shredded carrots
2 sprigs fresh rosemary
1. Preheat large saucepan on medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes.
2. Place oil in pan and swirl to coat. Stir in seasoning blend, mushrooms, pimientos and garlic. Cover and sauté 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Wash parsley, removing any tough stems. Chop finely to measure 1/2 cup.
4. Add marinade, rice, seasoning packet (from rice), parsley, broth, water, carrots and whole rosemary sprigs. Cover and bring to boil.
5. When boiling, reduce heat to low and simmer 10-12 minutes. Remove rosemary sprigs and serve.
1 tablespoon fresh rosemary (about 2 sprigs)
2 cups biscuit baking mix (+ more as needed)
1 teaspoon celery salt
2 teaspoons onion powder
3 tablespoons butter
3/4 cup reduced fat milk
1. Preheat oven to 450°F
2. Using kitchen shears, snip rosemary, leaves only, and place in food processor.
3. Add baking mix, celery salt and onion powder. Pulse 15 seconds to blend ingredients.
4. Cut butter into cubes and add to food processor. Pulse 12-15 seconds to mix.
5. Slowly add milk, pulsing 10-15 seconds, until dough is formed.
6. Sprinkle a little baking mix on cutting board. Place dough on cutting board and lightly sprinkle with baking mix. Form into 12x2-inch rectangle 1-inch thick.
7. Cut dough into six 2-inch squares. Cut each square in half diagonally, making 12 triangle shaped scones. Place on baking sheet and refrigerate until ready to bake. Note: Placing cold scones in a hot oven will increase the height when they bake.
8. Bake 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve. (Makes 6 servings.)
Calories 326kcal; Fat 16g; Cholesterol 18mg; Carbohydrate 40g; Fiber 3g; Protein 8g; Sodium 1300mg
Daily Values: Vitamin A 41%; Vitamin C 35%; Calcium 10%; Iron 15%
Add items to your grocery list by clicking on the next to any item below.
The icon will change to to indicate that it has been added.
Utensils & Cookware
This Scottish quick bread – scones – was originally made with oats and griddle-baked. Today’s versions are flour-based and made in various shapes and flavors.
Recipe Version soup0054