Recaito Pork Chops
4 boneless pork chops (about 1 1/4 lb)
1. Season both sides of pork chops with Complete seasoning (wash hands).
2. Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2–3 minutes. Place oil in pan; swirl to coat. Add pork chops (wash hands); cook 2–3 minutes on each side or until browned. Meanwhile, chop garlic finely.
3. Reduce heat to medium; stir in garlic, recaito, and wine. Squeeze juice of lime over pork chops; cook 5–7 minutes, turning once, or until internal temperature reaches 160°F (for medium). Use a meat thermometer to accurately ensure doneness.
4. Remove pork from pan; set aside. Place tomato trinity and brown sugar in pan; cook 2–3 minutes, stirring often, or until sugar dissolves and vegetables are softened. Return pork chops to pan, turning to coat with sauce. Serve sauce over pork chops.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 280kcal; FAT 12g; CHOL 80mg;
Fried Potatoes and Onions
1 large Spanish onion (rinsed)
4 medium white potatoes (about 1 3/4 lb, rinsed)
2 fresh garlic cloves
8 slices bacon
1 (5-gram) packet sazón with azafrán seasoning
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1. Remove ends and peel from onion; cut onion in half and slice thinly. Peel potatoes and slice thinly. Chop garlic finely.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 450kcal; FAT 28g; CHOL 30mg;
Add items to your grocery list by clicking on the next to any item below.
The icon will change to to indicate that it has been added.
Utensils & Cookware
Recaito is a mild, cilantro-based Mexican seasoning sauce that also makes a perfect match with chicken or skirt steaks. For added spiciness, add a chopped serrano pepper to the finished sauce.
Recipe Version 08/07-0043 H