fresh basil leaves (about 3/4 cup)
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons basil pesto
1 1/2 pounds grouper fillets
1 tablespoon Montreal steak seasoning
- Preheat 2-sided tabletop grill. Chop (rinsed) basil leaves finely; then measure (1/2 cup) and place in medium bowl. Stir in mayonnaise, mustard, and pesto until well blended.
- Remove any bones from fillets. Sprinkle both sides of fish with steak seasoning.
- Coat fish with basil mixture and place on grill, topping with any remaining mixture. Wash hands. Cover and grill 5-7 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 145°F. Use meat thermometer to accurately ensure doneness. (If using regular grill, double cooking time, turning once.) Serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 299kcal; FAT 16g; CHOL 73mg; SODIUM 742mg; CARB 2g; FIBER <1g; PROTEIN 34g; VIT A 5%; VIT C 0%; CALC 5%; IRON 9%
Penne Pasta Pomodoro
10–15 fresh basil leaves
5–6 sprigs fresh parsley
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
4 cloves fresh garlic
1 tablespoon capers
1 (26.5-ounce) box chopped tomatoes (well-drained)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
8 ounces penne rigate pasta
2 tablespoons butter
- Fill large saucepan 1/2 full of water. Cover and bring to a boil on high for pasta. Chop (rinsed) basil (2 tablespoons) and parsley (1 tablespoon); measure and set aside.
- Preheat large sauté pan on medium 2-3 minutes. Place oil in pan; swirl to coat. Crush cloves into pan, using garlic press. Use knife to remove garlic from bottom of press.
- Add capers, tomatoes, salt, and pepper. Reduce to low and cook 8-10 minutes, stirring often, until flavors are well blended.
- Stir pasta into boiling water. Boil 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until tender.
- Stir herbs and butter into tomatoes. Cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally, until blended. Drain pasta thoroughly and add to tomato mixture. Serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 328kcal; FAT 10g; CHOL 15mg; SODIUM 347mg; CARB 50g; FIBER 7g; PROTEIN 9g; VIT A 27%; VIT C 40%; CALC 1%; IRON 14%
Utensils & Cookware
- 2-sided tabletop grill
- large saucepan with lid
- large sauté pan
- medium bowl, colander
- garlic press, spatula
- cooking spoons
- meat thermometer
- knife and cutting board
- measuring utensils
The fish recipe fits with many low-carb food plans. An herb-chopper or food processor will simplify the chopping process.
Recipe Version seaf0048