Chicken With Black Bean Sauce
1 1/2 pounds chicken breast cutlets
1 tablespoon mesquite marinade
1 (15-ounce) can black beans (undrained)
1 teaspoon adobo seasoning
2 tablespoons chopped green chiles (undrained)
1 cup blue corn tortilla chips
2 tablespoons sour cream
1/4 cup prepared guacamole (optional)
1. Preheat grill.
2. Sprinkle both sides of chicken with marinade. Coat with cooking spray and refrigerate 10 minutes. Wash hands.
3. Place beans, adobo seasoning and chiles in food processor. Process 30 seconds, or until pureed.
4. Place bean mixture in microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on high 3 minutes.
5. Using tongs, place chicken on grill. Grill 10-12 minutes, or until internal temperature is 170°F, turning halfway through cook time. Slice chicken into 1/2-inch strips.
6. Spread 1/3 cup bean sauce on serving plates, place Spanish Rice in center of bean sauce and place chicken strips around rice. Place chips around chicken. Serve with sour cream and guacamole.
1 cup water
1 (6-ounce) package Mexican fiesta rice
1 cup mild, all-natural salsa
1. Combine in medium saucepan: water, rice (including seasoning packet) and salsa. Cover and bring to boil on high heat.
2. When boiling, reduce heat to low and simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes, or until desired consistency. Stir and serve.
Calories 779kcal; Fat 20g; Cholesterol 104mg; Carbohydrate 92g; Fiber 9g; Protein 54g; Sodium 2112mg
Daily Values: Vitamin A 11%; Vitamin C 7%; Calcium 22%; Iron 39%
Add items to your grocery list by clicking on the next to any item below.
The icon will change to to indicate that it has been added.
Utensils & Cookware
For that real south-of-the-border taste, add 1/2 tablespoon fresh squeezed lime juice to the sour cream.
Recipe Version swst0011