1/4 cup ginger spice paste
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 cup flour
1 3/4 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 tablespoon canola oil
1/4 cup honey
- Combine ginger paste, salt, and pepper in medium bowl. Place flour on plate (may be paper); dip chicken in flour, coating both sides; shake off excess. Then dip in ginger mixture, coating both sides (wash hands).
- Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2–3 minutes. Place oil in pan, then add chicken; cook 3–4 minutes on each side or until golden.
- Reduce heat to medium; cover and cook 5–7 minutes or until 165°F. Slice chicken and drizzle with honey. Serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 380kcal; FAT 8g; CHOL 110mg; SODIUM 250g; CARB 31g; FIBER 0g; PROTEIN 43g; VIT A 0%; VIT C 80%; CALC 2%; IRON 10%
1 teaspoon canola oil
1 cup basmati rice
1 3/4 cups water
2 teaspoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat medium saucepan on medium-high 2–3 minutes. Place oil in pan, then add rice; cook and stir 1–2 minutes or until evenly coated and hot.
- Stir in water, sugar, and vanilla. Bring to a boil and cover; cook and stir 1 minute.
- Reduce heat to lowest setting; cook 22 minutes. (Do not stir or remove cover during cooking.) Fluff rice with fork and serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 100kcal; FAT 1g; CHOL 0mg; SODIUM 0mg; CARB 20g; FIBER 0g; PROTEIN 2g; VIT A 0%; VIT C 0%; CALC 0%; IRON 2%
- Complete your meal with steamed broccoli, egg rolls, fresh fruit, and fortune cookies.
- For perfect rice, use a pot with a tight-fitting lid. Rice cooks by steaming, so once covered, no peeking! Remove from heat after 22 minutes; rice will keep warm without overcooking.
Recipe Version poul0077