Savory Pork Stew
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon roasted garlic
8 ounces pre-sliced baby portabella mushrooms (rinsed)
1 (16-ounce) bag frozen vegetable soup mix (tomatoes, carrots, potatoes, okra, corn, green beans, lima beans, onions, celery)
2 tablespoons flour
1 (14-ounce) can garlic seasoned chicken broth
1 (17-ounce) package fully-cooked pork roast au jus
1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
2 teaspoons browning sauce
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1. Preheat large saucepan on medium-high 2–3 minutes. Place oil in pan; swirl to coat. Add garlic and mushrooms; cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms begin to soften.
2. Meanwhile, place vegetables in microwave-safe bowl; microwave on HIGH for 5 minutes or until mostly thawed.
3. Stir flour into mushrooms; cook 2 minutes, stirring often, to heat flour.
4. Stir in remaining ingredients (including whole pork roast). Cover, increase heat to high and bring to boil. Boil 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, to heat mixture.
5. Reduce heat to medium; simmer 5–7 minutes or until pork is thoroughly heated and tender. Use two forks to break meat up into bite-size pieces. Serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 300kcal; FAT 10g; CHOL 75mg;
Country-Style Mashed Potatoes
1 (24-ounce) package country-style mashed potatoes
1/4 cup reduced-fat milk
1 tablespoon butter
1. Place potatoes in microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on HIGH 2 minutes or until warmed.
2. Stir in milk and butter. Cover and microwave 2 more minutes or until thoroughly heated. Stir and serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 170kcal; FAT 5g; CHOL 15mg;
Add items to your grocery list by clicking on the next to any item below.
The icon will change to to indicate that it has been added.
Utensils & Cookware
Fully cooked meats are a real time-saver. Adding the vegetables, and a little simmering time, gives this recipe homemade flavor without the all-day effort.
Recipe Version pork0013